Author: voice_cd

Sex ratio imbalance besets China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-6 23:30:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by moobie at 2008-1-5 23:21
btw a minimum of 4-5% of men in all populations are homosexual.

but 2-3% are lesbian (with more women bisexuals)

so you have about 26 million more gay men than lesbians. so even if there are  ...

except iran, remember "there are no gays in iran"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-7 14:25:01 |Display all floors
Honestly how many foreign men in China look like the models in the ads?

Almost none. But it still feeds their egos, makes Chinese women more receptive to foreigners, and perverts China's native sense of aesthetics.

Were it not for the many western guys most Chiense men might not even consider it wrong to beat their girlfriend or wife!

More of this crap? Chinese and Northeast Asian men, despite being paternalistic, are the least violent. This holds true for all countries they're in, majority or minority. Check the crime rates for rape, in Hong Kong, China and Japan the rates are anywhere from 1/2 to 1/10th of that of the U.S. Divorce rates among Chinese men are 15%, while they're 40-50% for white men (90% of the time, it's the man's fault). You have access to google, look it up yourself. American and especially some European men beat their wives and children so much that it's ridiculous. 10% of Asian children in the  U.S reported child abuse but 40% of white non-Hispanics did, iirc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-7 17:15:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by moobie at 2008-1-5 23:16
they need to discourage chinese women from marrying foreign men. take down all pictures of foreigner models; whites do not use chinese male models to sell products and chinese should not use whites. ban most hollywood movies until the chinese film industry grows.

Do you think that this suggestion will actually work?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-7 17:20:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2008-1-6 10:48
noobie,

Were it not for the many western guys most Chiense men might not even consider it wrong to beat their girlfriend or wife! Or to bind a girl's feet until growth crushes them - to satisfy a Chinese men's weird ideal of beauty.

What justification do you have to make such a generalisation? Is it not true that wife-beating is more prominent in the west?

And why have you mentioned foot binding? Is it not something from ancient history that has no bearing on this discussion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-7 23:37:20 |Display all floors

As much as this is serious issue

I think you guys should cool it before it leads to something out of the net. The Net is not a shield where you can hide behind. People can get your IP and trace back to general location. Plus in China it's a lot easier to spot a foreigner than local. You guys already make your point and no way no how further name calling will change each other's mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 13:01:46 |Display all floors
Dashan is ok because he is dorky looking and kinda chubby, which is realistic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-8 13:03:53 |Display all floors
By the way, any visitor to China can count on a fat chance of running into a husband-beating-his-wife scene in public. Has happened uncounted times to me - the casual, unexpected witnessing. If I saw something like that in Italy or Jo'burg or Paris, one thing I am sure is this: There would be a very public dressing-down for the hitter! Not so in China.  Nor in Korea. I think Japanese women are more assertive, though.

You're living in the most densely populated places in the world, obviously you're going to see some strange things. Italy? Well I knew a Chinese woman who "dated" an Italian man, and she left him because he was emotionally abusive and also beat her to the point where she constantly had black eyes.

The European ego is based entirely on bull----; good treatment of women my ass. I think the Nordic countries have a good record, but elsewhere? Please.

Or to bind a girl's feet until growth crushes them - to satisfy a Chinese men's weird ideal of beauty.

Likewise, footbinding was limited to the upper classes. Like corsets.

[ Last edited by moobie at 2008-1-8 01:05 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.