Views: 5736|Replies: 10

Human is selfish, so is their love [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-20 07:18:44 |Display all floors
Being selfish is human nature, so whatever they do, they do it for themselves. No matter how wonderful it may look, how unselfish or great it appears, even "love", it is out of selfishness.

When one loves, he is selfish. If one's love is not accepted or rejected, he/she will get upset or even angry. If you are not for your own sake, why are you angry? what for? The same with good deeds, if you do someone a favor, you expect his appreciation, otherwise you will feel angry too.

Human are selfish, so is their love.

Why is everyone looking for love? As if only when loved one can feel good, otherwise miserable. But who knows, actually love doesn't really mean anything. If someone loves you, that is his/her business, he/she does it for himself/herself. Whether you are loved or not, you are still you, nothing is changed. So why bother?

And what is more, when one loves, one becomes greedy, trying out to hold on to the other, asking for love. This is rediculous.

But what to do, what to do, this is human, selfish, greedy, ignorant and ridiculous.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-22 20:26:43 |Display all floors

True Love

There are levels of love and committment. Their is childish love. This is what can you do for me? It is also the kind that is jealous and petty. There is mature love. More like a parent with a child. This love is giving and forgiving. It looks over human flaws and it understands people need to develop and grow. Mature love gives without expecting anything in return. It is the love that fosters growth and development. It is the love that you realize when you are a parent and understand how your parents felt when you were a child.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-23 17:24:23 |Display all floors
Hi, thanks for reminding me of mature love. Yes, how can I forget, love such as from parents is unconditional. I think I am just a little disappointed in human, most of the faces I have seen in a love relationship is always childish, man and woman, young and old.

Anyway, I remember once a mystic said, when jealousy, possessiveness, greed, hatred, resent is there, love is not. Yeah, so actually it is not Love that is selfish, it is human. Love happens and lasts until it is replaced by all those human stuff.

I am tired of seeing or playing such stupid games any more. We all need to grow up!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 01:39:03 |Display all floors
The selfishness comes from a factor in society.  In times of crisis like the First and Second World War, you saw people pulling together - people showing care and concern, even to strangers.  In this relatively peaceful western influenced society, we want to be surrounded by material things that make us selfish - I want this, I want that; don't touch my hard-earned mega music system; girlfriend isn't working let's find another... depressing, eh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 18:22:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cooljo at 2007-10-23 17:24
Hi, thanks for reminding me of mature love. Yes, how can I forget, love such as from parents is unconditional. I think I am just a little disappointed in human, most of the faces I have seen in a l ...

The start of human being isn't like that, turn to today thery are far away from originally. But I do believe they will go back some day. It will take centuries maybe. It's a circle....
what goes around, comes around.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 21:01:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cooljo at 2007-10-20 07:18
Being selfish is human nature, so whatever they do, they do it for themselves. No matter how wonderful it may look, how unselfish or great it appears, even "love", it is out of selfishnes ...

I got nothing to say....but i do have little things to see..you need think it like the opposite way...the human is kind , is nice to each other..like you said when you find your love..you feel happy ..and you also bring happy to your parter..then you can pass the happy to your child...and more and more peopla who around of you ...the point is that you should know how to deal iwth you ....don't screw it...

Human is not perfect ,,they got the sunny side ,also have the dark sad..just like some people is rich ..some are poor..some are fat..some are slim...it's not equal...that's all !  this is life we are living ..and we are a part of it..and we should get used it !  :)

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-12-7 08:15:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cooljo at 2007-10-20 07:18
Being selfish is human nature, so whatever they do, they do it for themselves. No matter how wonderful it may look, how unselfish or great it appears, even "love", it is out of selfishnes ...

selfishness kills love
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.