Author: cestmoi

Australian racism turns into "bloodlust" [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-18 17:12:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-10-18 12:53
Mengzhi is a lady?  You have proof of that Tripitaka?

Regardless of gender, Mengzhi ain't no lady.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-18 17:19:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-10-18 09:23
State of Confusion.

I am sorry to see emu losing his temper again. It seems the mice have been playing while the cat was away. Well, I am back .

The whole issue of integration is complex and delicate. To be " Australian " does not mean wiping your roots, culture, language and beliefs clean and talk with the ocker accent, mate.

You are angry because I touched the trigger spots every time.

Hmm, I didn't lose my temper, but I am somewhat shocked by your racism directed at Vietnamese-Australians.

Nobody is suggesting that anyone needs to lose their culture, language and beliefs.
I do not "talk like an ocker" (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I am quite proud that there are people of every colour, faith and culture on this earth who have a similar well spoken Australian accent as mine. It's all part of being Australian.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-18 18:43:22 |Display all floors

Neanderthal Men.

Trip & emu the twin ockers are not only racist , they are sexist as well. " Emotional " ! screams trip from his high and mighty chair of superiority and chauvinistic male domain. So if I am " emotional " ? I must be a weaker sex ( female ) . Well I will not confirm or deny one way or the other. Suffice to say that if they are " typical " Aussies, then woe betide their sheilas .

Try debating me for a change mates and stop doing this cyberspace chauvinistic exposure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-18 18:50:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-10-18 17:12

Regardless of gender, Mengzhi ain't no lady.

No lady, but definately a ranter. Either an effeminate man(not that there is anything wrong with that) or a neurotic woman.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chasity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-19 01:38:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tripitaka at 2007-10-18 04:50

No lady, but definately a ranter. Either an effeminate man(not that there is anything wrong with that) or a neurotic woman.

And with that, I backing away from this thread - 'cause o' Mengzhi is going to have one hell of a hissy fit.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-20 08:34:49 |Display all floors

White Australian racist brutality continues

True to style and practice at election time, the right wing, neo-conservative and racist Howard government has singled out a particular race and ethnic group to demonise and ostracise. This time, the Minister for Immigration, Mr Kevin Andrews, has singled out Africans in general and Sudanese refugees in particular.

I have reported on the young Sudanese youth, the lated Mr Gony, who was bashed to death by white Australians in Melbourne. Mr Gony was admitted as a refugee into Australia. He was working at a meat processing plant to earn some money for his education.

Empowered by the Howard government's support for Pauline Hanson and the redneck elements of white Australia and Andrews one-up-manship in inciting racist violence, the brutality continues. Another African youth has been bashed and sent unconscious to hospital.

Sudanese teenager bashed
October 10, 2007

A YOUNG Sudanese youth was in hospital last night following an apparently racially-based attack in Melton.

The attack, which left the teenager unconscious, has been blamed on remarks last week by Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews.

The president of the Sudanese Community Association of Australia, Samuel Kuot, said the teenager was riding to the shop with his brother when they were set upon.

Police confirmed that a teenager was hit in the head by a bottle and his wallet and mobile phone stolen. The phone was then used to send "racial remarks" to the man's brother, police said.

Mr Kuot said that, before Mr Andrews said that the Sudanese population was struggling to integrate, people had been "very friendly to us".

"The minister has incited people who don't want us in this country," he said.

"We want him to apologise so people know he doesn't want us to be mistreated. If he is keeping quiet, people will continue thinking the leadership of the country doesn't want us."

Web Links
http://www.theage.com.au/news/na ... /1191695920122.html

The Howard government is "bemused" by it all, whilst the violence continues and the Howard government rake in some much-needed votes to see this right wing government through to another term. The violently racist Howard government has been in power for almost 12 years and a generation has grown up and is voting for the first time, indoctrinated and inculcated by right wing, neo-conservative racist policies which include tacit acceptance of violence as a popular mean to a populist end.

Community's anger spills over
Dan Oakes and Dewi Cooke
October 11, 2007

FURY over Kevin Andrews' views on Sudanese immigrants has boiled over, with community members lashing out at the Immigration Minister after another violent attack on a Sudanese youth in Melbourne.

More than a week after Mr Andrews questioned the ability of Sudanese people to integrate in Australia — and cited this as a reason for cutting the African refugee intake — he has been accused of sparking racial hostility towards Sudanese migrants.

Anger erupted on two fronts in Melbourne yesterday. In the west, where a Sudanese-born youth was viciously attacked by a gang on Tuesday, the boy and members of his family said they believed his attackers were influenced by the minister's remarks.

And in the south-east, where murdered teenager Liep Gony was farewelled in a harrowing funeral service, family members and a community leader demanded an apology from the minister.

The president of Dandenong's Sudanese Community Association of Australia, Samuel Kuot, said other groups in Melbourne's south-east were turning against his people and they deserved an apology from Mr Andrews.

Speaking outside the Dandenong church where Liep Gony's funeral was held, Mr Kuot said Sudanese in Melbourne now felt unsafe after being singled out.

"The Sudanese community as well as the African community expect an apology from the minister," he said. "The community is angry. Many people are crying and emotional."

As Mr Gony was farewelled in Dandenong, police in the western suburbs yesterday appealed for witnesses to the bashing in Melton on Tuesday of 17-year-old Ajang Gor.

The Sudanese-born high school student was riding his bike home from his job at a fast-food restaurant with his brother at 4pm when he was set on by four men, who shouted racial slurs, then punched and kicked him and hit him with a bottle.

The attackers stole his wallet and phone, then sent racist text messages and made abusive phone calls to Ajang's brother, cousins and friends.

The messages included references to "black dogs" and "jigaboos", and having "knocked da f--- out of" Ajang.

Ajang, who fled Sudan with his four brothers when he was nine and spent seven years in a Kenyan refugee camp before coming to Australia, has lived in Melton for 10 months. He said he had always felt secure in the area until Tuesday.

Speaking yesterday after his release from Sunshine Hospital — where he was treated for cuts and bruises to his head and an arm — Ajang said he believed Mr Andrews' comments had created a climate in which such attacks could occur.

"It's been said that we Sudanese are misbehaving and that there is a higher rate of crime, but I'm not sure if all these accusations are right," he said.

"I cannot deny that some Sudanese are misbehaving, but not all Sudanese are doing it. In every community there are bad people."

His cousin, Angelo Tat, said many Sudanese migrants had fled violence and fear and wanted only to live quietly in their new home. Mr Tat, who has two Australian-born sons, said if members of any community broke the law, they should be punished, but that certain communities should not be singled out. "I would like to tell Kevin Andrews that my name is Angelo and I'm happy in this country," Mr Tat said.

"Where we come from, we have seen war, our parents have lost their lives, and we don't want any problems in this country."

William Abur, vice-president of the Sudanese Association of Australia, said he had no doubt that the minister's comments and the attack on Ajang Gor were linked.

"This kind of abuse came out because the minister has made a very bad comment on the Sudanese community," Mr Abur said.

He said he had also been verbally abused since the comments were made and had received recent reports from others in the community of harassment and intimidation.

"We came to here to save our lives, we came here for the benefit of our children. We didn't came here to cause a problem," he said.

Youth leader Paul Bor Gatwech said said the minister's comments had given others licence to attack Sudanese people.

He said an apology from Mr Andrews would help quell community fears that Sudanese-born migrants were being targeted.

Yesterday Mr Andrews was standing by his remarks on Sudanese refugees. A spokeswoman for the minister said: "Funerals are a very emotional time and the minister stands by his comments. (Cestmoi:  Andrews continues to be "bemused" by it all! )

"As for the assault in Melton, it's probably best to let the police conduct their investigation into what has occurred."

Anyone with information about Tuesday's attack in Melton should contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au

Web Links
http://www.theage.com.au/news/na ... llpage#contentSwap1
http://www.theage.com.au/news/na ... /1190486572972.html
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-20 15:07:37 |Display all floors

Actions speak louder than words.

Another day another scalp on the alter of racial hatred and bias in Australia. Emu and his ilk are silent on the issue  but have plenty to say about my gender and my " emotion ". The forum can see for themselves the standard of " debate " provided by the group as a whole : zilch .

It is sad that instead of speaking out against such dastardly and criminal acts, they mealy mouth platitudes about how Australia is " one of the most tolerant nations on earth " !? We have not come down with the last shower mate.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.