Views: 3901|Replies: 3

Why Women Worry So Much(e-c)practice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-29 10:33:09 |Display all floors
Why Women Worry So Much
为什么女性如此担忧

Andrea Thompson

Scientists have known that on the whole, females of all ages tend to worry more and have more intense worries than males. Women also tend to perceive more risk in situations and grow more anxious than men.

科学家们已经知道了为什么从总体来说处于任何年龄段的女性都往往容易比男性拥有的担忧都要更多程度更大。而且在各个情形下,女性往往比男性会体会到更多的风险并产生更多的焦虑。

Now we know why.
现在人们知道了原因

Women are more likely than men to believe that past experiences accurately forecast the future, according to two new studies.
根据两项最新研究表示,女性比男性更有可能相信过去的经历会准确地预测到未来。

The research, involving both 3- to 6-year-olds and adults of both genders, tested the extent to which participants' thought that worry can be caused by thinking that a bad event that happened in the past could happen again in the future. (This skill, in its simplest form, is critical to social understanding as it is important to making decisions and assessing risk.)

这项对3-6岁儿童及成年人做的研究调查对是因为一想到过去发生的糟糕情况会在未来再次发生从而感到焦虑这一点上参与者的相信程度进行了测试。(这一最简单的体现形式即对于社交理解有关键意义,又对做决定,评估风险有重要意义“)

For the first study, subjects listened to six stories that featured characters harmed by another person or animal in the story. Many days later, the character felt worried or changed their behavior when confronted with the same wrongdoer who had hurt them before. (For example, if one little boy stole a toy from another, the child might be worried when he saw that boy again and hide the new toy he was playing with.)

在第一项研究里,参与测试者们聆听六个故事。故事讲述的是故事主人公被另一个人或动物伤害。
过了许多天以后,故事的主人公在遇到了以前同样的伤害施加者后就感到了焦虑或改变了自己的行为。(例如,如果一个男孩偷了另一个小男孩的东西,那么他就也许会在再看到那个小男孩的时候产生担忧,并且在和他玩耍时,把自己新的玩具藏起来)

The second study was the same, except that the person or animal the character ran across later only looked similar to the one that had harmed them before.

在第二项研究基本一样。除了故事主人公后来遇到的是和前面那位伤害者相貌相似的人。

At the end of each story, the participants were asked to explain why the character was worried or changed their behavior.

在两个故事的结尾,参与者要求回答故事主人公担忧或者改变他们的行为的原因是什么。

Females, both children and adults, were more likely to use uncertainty to explain the character's reaction, that is, they tended to explain the reaction in terms of events that might happen versus those that will happen, the researcher reported. They also tended, more than males, to predict that the characters who encountered the new character who looked similar to the wrongdoer would feel worried because they thought the new character would also do them harm.

根据这项调查报告,儿童和成年女性更可能用不确定性来解释那位主人公的反应。即:她们倾向于从事情可能会发生什么而不是将会发生什么的方面来解释这种人们做出的反应。她们也要比男性更倾向于做出预测之所以故事主人公遇到长相相似曾经的坏人而感到担忧的原因是她们认为新出现的那个人同样也会带来伤害。

The studies, detailed in the Sept./Oct. issue of the journal Child Development, also found that children increasingly made these kinds of past-to-future connections as they got older, which yields insight into their cognitive development.

九/十月份的《儿童发展》期刊刊载有对这两此研究的详细内容。研究还发现儿童随着长大会越来越做出这样的”以过去预测未来“的思维联系从而在感知性的发展中带去洞察力。

"These results are significant because they reveal that knowledge about the impact of past-to-future thinking on emotions and behaviors develops during the preschool years," said study author Kristin Lagattuta of the University of California, Davis.

戴维斯加州大学研究报告作者Kristin Lagattuta称 "研究结果的重要意义在于是它们揭示了“过去-未来”的思维对学龄前儿童对感情及行为发展上产生的影响上的知识。”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-4 12:19:29 |Display all floors

They worry too much

Because they are more responsible  to try solve difficulties if possible
their brains are better efficient to do multi-tasking
Available for occupancy.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-7 22:05:37 |Display all floors
that is so interesting, i always thought its just personally. but now, i need to learn to chill, bloody hell

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-8 17:23:36 |Display all floors

on board

i totally agree with the opinion.because i just one of such girls. i always worry about things .so i prefe to plan everything ok ahead of time in case of some emergencies.
but why?i think particaly i always factor in so many things when want to do something.and this directly results in the anxious emotion.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.