Author: alwaysfresh

Good work China! China bans sexually suggestive ads on radio, TV [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-10-3 09:01:09 |Display all floors
Hahaha...I am a VERY light drinker, a rare drinker in fact. It's not conducive to success in athletic endeavours, or a focused work day, peak sexual performance, and is the gateway to other stupidity such as smoking (which I have totally quit). I'm not preaching just informing you that I am far from a drunkard.

Anyway, if you wanted to actually analyze it ,China is actually making the same mistakes that the USA made in the earlier part of the last century. Denial and ignorance will set the stage for all sorts of vices to grow in the absence of solid info,AND lacking the Judeo-Christian guilt trips that we grew up with the fallout could be even worse. Kids are already starting to 'do as they please' ... I recently heard of high schoolers in Chengdu having orgies...
America was pretty much founded by prudes, that's why things are 'dirty' and 'kinky'. That's why you, in you hormone depleted,aged state could possibly think that this 'out of sight out of mind' attitude has a prayer of working to societies benefit.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-3 09:26:27 |Display all floors
I agree with #57. On a bit of a tangent, people often forget that America was founded by a bunch of people who left England because, in their eyes, religion there wasn't strict enough--the Puritans. And although things have certainly changed a lot since then, there are still some things that Americans cringe at that many European countries would hardly notice. Remember Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl a few years ago? Huge uproar in the US, but I remember hearing that most Europeans were of the "so what?" mindset.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-3 13:26:56 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-3 20:29:02 |Display all floors

No offense folks, good nannies are poor substitutes...

... for a good mom and dad.  All of this nanny state bull$#!+, whether it is for show or go - is only going to produce another generation of idiots.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-4 08:00:45 |Display all floors

Trader Vic

Bingo...my parents can tell me what to do,but the whole 'state micromanagement' of peoples personal tastes is a poor idea IMHO.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-4 09:16:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-10-4 09:17:28 |Display all floors
Well, Tek, as some conservatives will tell you, the more they legislate morality, the less attention the parents pay to it and the more they expect the schools to handle it. So it becomes that the children no longer receive traditional values as schools are as poor a substitute for parents as a bedroll is for a house.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.