Author: alwaysfresh

Good work China! China bans sexually suggestive ads on radio, TV [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-26 17:01:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 17:37:38 |Display all floors

Reply #13 zglobal's post

Yep, she was a lady alright and I thanked God for her every day I spent with her, she was the one for me as yours is for you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 18:14:52 |Display all floors

lol.... what the???? sex ed classes... what planet????....

We are talking not about educational advertisements. Everyone agrees with educational advertisements and all countries have this. You have to have this... lol...

We are talking about explicit videos/advertisements that destroy family values, by misinforming the youth and create many of problems in society. When this gets to a certain level it is distracting and brainwashing in my opinion. I mean I would really not want to see it everywhere I go.

Family values and self-image are a core part of a stable society.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 18:15:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-9-26 16:37
Does Watching Sex on Television Influence Teens’ Sexual Activity?
. ...

Exposure to sexual and violent images is used as a defence in the courts. Make of that what you will. I don't think it has affected me in any way that is harmful to society but I can imagine that there are those who it could affect if they were young/impressionable.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 18:29:13 |Display all floors

Advertisement??? What planet

The point of an advertisement is to have an effect on you. Have you ever been to Toyz'R'us? Those kids go crazy. Advertisements do affect people/culture/society.

I mean if they could advertisement companies would connect everything in the world to sex, because it affects our thinking. It is something we naturally want. The point about sex ed class, was totally off the topic.

Yeah in Canada/US, finding a girl that has values and a strong family bold is hard to find. I mean if you do they are usually crazy (Jehovah's). Most people girls/guys that move to the US/Canada change greatly by what they seen on the TV and advertisements, I have seen them. They usually lose self-image/confidence and want to become very sexually active to make up for the lost of confidence.

When you are bombarded people by these advertisements it affects the way you think and your self-image. It offers you happiness, freedom by destroying the values your parents have given you and destroying your self-image.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 20:19:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-26 20:46:38 |Display all floors
Actually, Chang, the studies on which that report was based, IIRC, could not control for interest in sexual activity, a fact the study, as published in Pediatrics, admits, and therefore are problematic. Since my position is that media follows the interests of viewers, the fact that there is a heavy correlation between what people want to watch and what they are interested in doesn't matter for my position at all.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.