Author: helong

When will the Chinese language replace the English language? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-18 16:13:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2007-9-18 15:02

gee.
to learn English,i have spent 10 years,but still struggling it.
many say English is a easy learning language,but how can i spent 10 more or less on it but still fail speaking it as   wel ...

the secret is to use it often till it is polish like daily eating polished rice
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-18 17:41:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by force_one at 2007-9-15 18:28

If a conference is held between investors from Germany with dealers of Argentina. It has to be in chinese?

If there is a trading show in Las Vegas (USA) attending many buyers from Europe and ...

I think you get a very good point...:)
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-18 17:43:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2007-9-18 15:02

gee.
to learn English,i have spent 10 years,but still struggling it.
many say English is a easy learning language,but how can i spent 10 more or less on it but still fail speaking it as   wel ...

I think you did good...
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-20 23:27:00 |Display all floors
Seem impossible ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 09:54:41 |Display all floors
Yeah, Ghost, I think you do fine with English.

English is easy in that it's a robust language, there are some people on this forum who botch it very badly but I can still understand them perfectly well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 11:47:32 |Display all floors

All of your quesitiong are joke!

We know that Chinese characters are the hardest one all over the world.Most Chinese people could not say the same language,let alone those foreigners.I admit that China has her long history and brilliant civilization,but is could not prove that China's language is the best one.
    In my opinion,there should take a language,such as English or Latin,as the world's language,but it ia not our Chinese,because the principle to select the general language of the world must be simple and easy to be understanded.
    Almost 50 years ago,there are some one suggest that the character of China should be changed into phonetic alphabet.I think it is the final way for Chinese language to go.And I bilieve that our charecter will be writed in alhabet with the rapid development of information society.In a word,we should learn to adjust to the e developing condition,not the ohther.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-21 12:33:04 |Display all floors
Seneca,

I've seen this problem everywhere: students who have to translate into their first language constantly. I think it's good to use some translation early on, to build up vocabulary to a working level but it is absolutely necessary that students not try to be translation machines (actually, a term for this, funny enough, is "a Chinese Room", after Searle's thought experiment) and rather try to develop an internal connection between words and their meanings. To an extent, this will require a knowledge of culture in order to make the proper connections. Most students don't do this and I'm unsure why; perhaps it is harder than it seems to me or perhaps they merely think it will be harder and thus never give it a chance.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.