Author: wanzheli

Made in China to Made by China ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-9-3 12:59:39 |Display all floors

Reply #7 tikoli's post

The yellow peril is just hype!

When China starts to export cars in quality acceptable to foreign major markets, it'll probably outpriced itself in lower end products.
and China would start to depend on foreign imports from India, Myanmar, Java, Vietnam, Cambodia and North Korea to keep inflation low!

ha ha ha

We have seen all this before!
Nothing new!
Nothing to be so worried about!
China and chinese are not superhuman, only too numerous!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master
Lord of the code

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 13:04:00 |Display all floors

Reply #1 wanzheli's post

I doubt China is really "progressive".

Just the Red and Blue faction trying to relive the pride of the "Tea and Silk" period is enough to convince me!
In the past, when we have caraven trips as forms of cheap logistics, it seem prosperious to just have tea, silk and then jiangxi's porcelein.

ha ha ha

nowadays, Jiangxi cannot even match quality porcelene made in Europe!
and we still have blue faction bureacrats and in ccp apparatus hoping to recreate the logistic logic of the Yangtze river and grand canal!

ha ha ha

maybe they bring back the SALT TAX!

ha ha ha

nowaday with SEA SHIPPING, and large vessels, huge economy of scales...
just coffee trade would equal the old trades!

ha ha ha

LIVING IN THE PAST!
unwilling to join the future!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master
Lord of the code

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 13:19:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 21:50:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-9-3 13:19
Tikoli,

I have to disagree about the prospects of Chinese cars in the long term. I do agree that brand loyalty will be hard to build but I think the major obstacle to China will be Korea in the  ...

Toyota has done a great job in Australia as well. It is the largest selling car. At this stage, I’d only ever consider Japanese. Not that I’m in the market for a new car. Back in Australia I have a 30-year-old Mazda that I intend to keep for some time yet. Brilliant car.

I am just saying that for a car, the marketing is more important than the construction. At this point in history, China has not been very successful building brands internationally, and I think one of the reasons is that lack of a strong communications industry in China. As a consequence, China seems to have a mentality that you must compete on price rather than brand image, and I can’t see much future in that.

I’d agree with your points on market saturation. Plenty of cars already out there.
The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 22:27:56 |Display all floors

reply to greendragon

well ,i admit that you do hit some points ,i guess you have done quite much research on chinese economy and not based on your conclusion only on stereriotype and negative news report
generally you are more objective and less proud than Schreiber

but still i would like to say ,you miss the most important point that nothing is static ,we are exactly progressing every day ,it's not merely a dream to surpass the west

you should read Peter Druck 's article about how Japnaese took over the american market in few industries .
i am not living in the past ,my pals and i are working hard to construct a beatiful country
only the dark forces who control the us try to undo our efforts
The Sun rises every day from the East !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 10:48:04 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-4 10:48:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by wanzheli at 2007-9-3 22:27
well ,i admit that you do hit some points ,i guess you have done quite much research on chinese economy and not based on your conclusion only on stereriotype and negative news report
generally you ...

Who says the Next car is not better or even more beautiful to the previous???

That person must be sleeping for 20 years
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.