Author: changabula

What Can China Learn From Her History? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-11-25 13:57:33 |Display all floors

Reply #67 seneca's post

It seems the only thing they need to learn is that there are 2 places on planet earth: China, and land that is inhabited by "barbarians" (non-China).  China is the only place that matters... anyone who is not Chinese is a "waiguoren" ("foreigner") and their cultures and histories are "insignificant" and are only to be mocked.
Individuality: Always Remember That You Are Unique.  Just Like Everybody Else.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-11-25 16:46:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by projeka at 2007-11-25 13:57
It seems the only thing they need to learn is that there are 2 places on planet earth: China, and land that is inhabited by "barbarians" (non-China).  China is the only place that matters ...

anyone who is not Chinese is a "waiguoren" ("foreigner") and their cultures and histories are "insignificant" and are only to be mocked.

外国人is the common expression in all East Asian (China, Korea, Japan) cultures for foreigners. Even in Thailand foreigners from the West are all called Farang or Falang. Some people don't like it but for me this was never an issue.

I never felt mocked nor badly treated in China. Usually people react to foreigners the way foreigners do treat them. If a foreigner shows respect he's usually treated with respect as well. If someone tends to be arrogant he deserves the same treatment vice versa. Just my two yen.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2007-11-25 17:30:10 |Display all floors
On this board are many waiguoren who live in China and always paint the country in black color. Everything is primitive,  the environment is destroyed, people are bad and not subservient to Westerners as in  many other countries of the 'Third World', all Chinese are stupid, the system is rotten etc.etc.

Why the hell are all of you then staying there? Why don't you leave the country and go where everything that you criticize and cannot accept in China is much better? What stops you all from calling it a day and move to places nearer to paradise?

I would never stay in a country that I hate so much and which is such a torture.......

Would be nice to receive a reply from some of you about the reason that keeps you in hell........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 00:28:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2007-11-25 17:30
Why the hell are all of you then staying there? Why don't you leave the country and go where everything that you criticize and cannot accept in China is much better? What stops you all from calling it a day and move to places nearer to paradise?

I would never stay in a country that I hate so much and which is such a torture.......

DO YOU HEAR THIS SENECA, MASTER RACIST?

DO YOU HEAR THIS EMU?

This is good advice. If you don't like our wonderful country and its people then get the hell out and go back where you came from.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 00:59:05 |Display all floors
Ummmm....

These people are just the flip side of all the overseas Chinese.....
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 03:17:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2007-11-25 19:30
Would be nice to receive a reply from some of you about the reason that keeps you in hell........ ...

We are still waiting for reasons why;

Tongluren lives in the USA.
Mengzhi lives in Australia.
Cestmoi wants desperately to live in Australia,
Changabula lives in a Western country

and a plethora of other western hating racists actually live in the west.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-11-26 16:44:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-11-26 02:28
DO YOU HEAR THIS SENECA, MASTER RACIST?

I have never got the impression that Seneca dislikes China or Chinese people.
I do get the impression that he has little time for fools, xenophobes, racists and rabid nationalists.
This would explain why there's no love lost for you.

Originally posted by changabula at 2007-11-26 02:28
DO YOU HEAR THIS EMU?

This is good advice. If you don't like our wonderful country and its people then get the hell out and go back where you came  ...

I don't live in China and I do like the wonderful country of China, so there's no problem with my position on the issues.
I don't have any time for hypocrites like you and since you live in one of those evil western countries one would more relevantly ask, why the fcuk don't you piss off back to China ?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.