Views: 4107|Replies: 3

why i can't speak out english? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-28 15:00:00 |Display all floors
Dear friends:
Can you  tell me why i can't speak english frequently,since i have past cet -6 last year ,but i still can't speak out english,i feel very regret,maybe there are something wrong with my study.
now i work in a trading company ,i have to practice my english or that i will be unemployment.
pls give me some advise!

thanks in advance!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-1 04:21:13 |Display all floors

Passing Exams doesn't equal Speaking Confidence

So you have passed an exam. Congratulations!

But you must remember that you've only passed an exam...

And that spoken English (actually any spoken language) can't be taught, or learned, it can only be experienced.

Do you watch English movies with the Chinese subtitles OFF?
Do you listen to English music?
Do you have a few foreign friends who you go out with?
Do you read English books and try to "hear" the voices in your head?
Do you talk to yourself in English when you are alone?
Do you use English to do the small things every day, like count change or read menus?

Actually, reading what you have written above, seeing the standard of your English, I think I can guess that you would answer NO to all those questions. And so I have one more question for you:

Do you ENJOY speaking English?

If your answer is YES, then nothing can stop you from learning it.

If your answer (like so many people) is NO, then no-one can help you. You'll never get better because you really don't want to.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-3 16:09:42 |Display all floors

something good

Hey,firstly,Congratulations!
I think  to blurt out English is just a result after upteem times of practice.
Sososo...that's that's....what you can do now is seize every minute to open your mouth to practise loudly enough.And never tell yourself that you can't ! Because you can!!!
Leeyang Crazy English may be a good start line ( just for you to start to practise )
At last,enjoy yourself in blusting out English!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-3 23:28:12 |Display all floors

don't be shy

dear ggrabbit ,

u r very lucky ,u know.i  hv not passed the cet 6! but i do not think that exams can also show  your oral ability.  in my opinion, maybe u r shy to open your mouth. frankly, i am working in a trading company too. morever, in the beginning, i met the same thing as you. but days after days, i become brave enough to speak english with others. so ,do not be shy,ok?

by the way? which city r u in ?i am in guangzhou.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.