Author: xiayiqiang

Korean hostages rest in the hands of Hamid Karzai and Bush??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-31 20:08:52 |Display all floors
nos,

Let me put my point to you in another way . If a foreign country comes in, invade and occupy your land , who are the " terrorists " ? If you fight back with what little you have : spades and shovel or sacrificing your own body while bringing with you as many of the " terrorists " on your motherland as possible , are you the terrorist too ? Or are you the hero ?  There is a wide chasm of irrationality in this very debate and that is why this stupid " war on terror " is being lost . It is like chasing your own shadow . Pity .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-31 20:37:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-8-31 22:08
If a foreign country comes in, invade and occupy your land , who are the " terrorists " ? ...

Well we know quite well who the terrorists are using your definition in the case of Afghanistan.

Firstly there were the Russian "terrorists" who invaded Afghanistan and set up a dictatorship.

Then they were ousted and Afghanistan were run by another dictatorship, the Taliban, and this caused more Afghans to flee to freedom.

Then we had the UN come into Afghanistan to restore order, the Taliban lost power and the Afghan people voted in democratic elections.

The terrorists in Afghanistan today, are the Taliban, the Wahabiists and Saudis, Yemenis and other fundamentalists who are trying to overthrow the democratically elected Afghan government and the UN forces there assisting them.

No I don't agree with South Korean (or any other) "missionaries" evangelising there, but that's no excuse to kidnap and murder them.

The Taliban have absolutely no justification for their actions.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-31 22:14:12 |Display all floors

Reply #43 --- mengzhi's post...

The terrorists kidnapped South Korean CIVILIANS who came to provide relief work, butchering two of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-1 14:16:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiayiqiang at 2007-8-7 13:31
I pity Korean hostages so much, Hope they'll be freed soon.

Korea has sent envoys to Afganlstan and USA. Taliban said the lives of hostages are in hands of Karzai and Bush. I'm sure Taliban does ...

for the interest of the inocent korean hostages there should be a negotiation to save the life of these hostages. After the release these hostages there should be coalition to deal with these criminals call 'Talibans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-1 14:18:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiayiqiang at 2007-8-7 13:31
I pity Korean hostages so much, Hope they'll be freed soon.

Korea has sent envoys to Afganlstan and USA. Taliban said the lives of hostages are in hands of Karzai and Bush. I'm sure Taliban does ...

for the interest of the inocent korean hostages there should be a negotiation to save the life of these hostages. After the release these hostages there should be coalition to deal with these criminals call 'Talibans.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-1 15:04:39 |Display all floors

Apply a rule evenly please .

emu & nosferatu are advocating  " might is right " here. It seldom works nowadays anymore .

#1. The foreign forces in Afghanistan are NOT UN peace keepers . There is no peace to keep . The Talibans are no better than warlords and fiefdom dictators , but so are all foreigners there . So for you to arbitrarily label one faction as " terrorists " and another similar group as " saints " is too clever by half .

#2. It matters not if the Koreans were " civilians " : they are Christian missionaries sent there specifically to convert the locals to the Bible. It beggars belief that when such kidnappings happened , anyone should be surprised and outraged . Do some of you folks live under a mossy rock ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-1 21:35:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-9-1 17:04
Do some of you folks live under a mossy rock ?  ...

It's too crowded under that mossy rock, what with you, Changabula, Cestmoi and Northwest taking up all the space.!
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.