Views: 6022|Replies: 30

Hi, I'd like to meet nice Americans here [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-6 08:36:05 |Display all floors
Hi, how are you ?
I'm Sharon, a Chinese girl in my 20th. Currently I'm in US, there are many things I don't quite understand, hope to meet you, a nice American, so we could talk a bit and make friends.
Thanks and have a nice day~

Sharon.

[ Last edited by sharon83 at 2007-8-6 01:38 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 09:07:50 |Display all floors
Hi, Sharon.  Where are you in the US, and how long will you be here?  I live and work near Washington, DC, so maybe I could tell you some about this area and help you understand some of the things you find strange.
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 09:12:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sharon83 at 2007-8-6 08:36
Hi, how are you ?
I'm Sharon, a Chinese girl in my 20th. Currently I'm in US, there are many things I don't quite understand, hope to meet you, a nice American, so we could talk a bit and make fri ...

Are you trying to tell us that none of the Americans around you are not NICE and you have to look for them on the internet?!Plus, you might have come to the wrong place. this is "Living in China'' not "Living in the U.S''

[ Last edited by xiaoxiao1982 at 2007-8-6 09:19 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 09:26:10 |Display all floors
Hi, thanks for response.

I'm in NYC now, and I'v been here for a year. I'm a student and I spend most of my time at school and doing homework at home last year.  I think I still have language problems and I am shy person, though I feel Americans around are really nice, I have a hard time on how to make friends with them. And I don't know many food, like, currently I'm eating a cup of cottage cheese, but I feel it's super undelightful, have no idea...and I just move in to a new apartment,  I want to talk more with my landlord/roommates, but I am totally shy and stupid, since it's the first time living with a white guy(of course with other female roommates)...they are all nice but I just feel can not talk much, so, feel stucked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 09:29:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2007-8-6 09:07
What kind of Merricans do you care for? Cubans welcome? How about Brazilians, MExicans, Argentinians, Peruvians? Native Americans? Female or hemale?

all are welcom

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 09:30:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by xiaoxiao1982 at 2007-8-6 09:12

Are you trying to tell us that none of the Americans around you are not NICE and you have to look for them on the internet?!Plus, you might have come to the wrong place. this is "Living in ...

of course not, xiaoxiao

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-6 09:34:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by diogenes at 2007-8-6 09:07
Hi, Sharon.  Where are you in the US, and how long will you be here?  I live and work near Washington, DC, so maybe I could tell you some about this area and help you understand some of the things  ...

Hi, thank you!
I don't know what the occupaion "union carpenter" is about. what kind of job and what kind of person, what kind of salaries, I'm just curious very much?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.