Author: changabula

Happy Tibetans Love their Motherland  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-9 04:38:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2007-8-9 00:07
I simply wanted you to understand that by promoting the extent that the Tibetans celebrate their own culture, you are also cementing the idea in some foreigners' minds that the two cultures are not related.

"in some foreigners' minds that the two cultures are not related"

Yes, I suppose this concept is on a too higher level for the western mindset to accept.

In the west everything has to be black or white, never shades of gray.

It always makes me laugh when I see westerners puzzled by the abstract ideas of yinyang.

I suppose this is where the Chinese mindset is quite advanced as it has been forged by over 5000 years of culture.

We Chinese accept ALL cultures as we can learn from them. It does not have to be one or the other.

When we see all these separate and different ethnic cultures we see a great harmony whereas in the west they see competing cultures.

A western mind see confrontation whilst a Chinese mind see harmony!

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-8-9 04:40 AM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 08:12:45 |Display all floors
Chinese leader Mao Zedong spoke of the need to go slow and win over the hearts of Tibetans because they were "ravaged by feudal exploitation".

How nice to see it work.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 09:32:49 |Display all floors

You Can Cuss and Curse

gilmore, you can cuss and curse all you want, and have an all around miserable life.  That is your perogative.  The majority of all Tibetan natives are today enjoying the fruits of their hard work, and the great opportunities afforded them, as one of the more than 50 ethnic minorites of China.  They have better educational and career opportunities than even the Han, as the SAR economy is growing at sustainable fast paces, like 13-15% a year.  It feels great to have the living standards double every 4 to 5 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 09:40:42 |Display all floors

So You Will Live a Frustrated Angry Life

Just like Schreiber, who wishes China ill, gilmore you will live a frustrated, angry life, as you see China's successes just accelerating.

For example, as the Yanks are fast finding out, pushing China to up-value the Yuan has the unexpected (only unexpected to them - I have predicted this all along) result of causing the trade imbalance to INCREASE.  The Yuan went up 9% in the last year.  Yet in June the trade surplus increased by 60% year on year.   China made goods are just too competitive and too good to pass up.  The world enjoys China's expertise and China's peaceful rise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 10:37:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 12:06:04 |Display all floors

Reply #64 changabula's post

No chang, maybe the westerner mindset, or my western mindset anyway, is that China is made up of 56 nations, each with their own culture, each of which contributes to the overall sense of Chinese culture. Really though, is there only one Chinese culture? I doubt it, too vast and diverse a country, too ancient, too many minorities etc. Just a thought folks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 12:10:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.