Views: 7627|Replies: 29

American freeway bridge collapsed on its own [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-2 14:11:39 |Display all floors
An eight-lane freeway bridge collapsed and broken into pieces.

Amerikan snow job!  (=tofu engineering!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 14:19:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 20:03:46 |Display all floors
It will be interesting to find out what happened to that.

I'm waiting for the Al Quida connection (but not holding my breath).
Husband, father, farmer, logger, woodcutter, and rancher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 21:06:04 |Display all floors
So far the news reports have stated it was probably structural failure, and most reports include a statement from the DHS that this was not a terrorist attack.

REPEAT - THIS WAS NOT A TERRORIST ATTACK. PLEASE PUT AWAY YOUR DUCT TAPE AND RESUME SPENDING TO YOUR CREDIT LIMIT. THAT IS ALL.

(Gall durn commie pinkos electin' that there Mooslim guy - serves 'em right - It's God's Wrath I tell ya. Praise Jesus. Minnesota ain't nuthin but a bunch of Swedish fags if ya ask me. Some inspector prolly screwed the pooch and just let the whole thing go to h*ll. Libruls take yer money and spend it on abortions and gay rights and stuff like that. Can't git no good education no more. You know what they're gonna do? Do ya? You know what they're gonna is hire one of them Saudi companies to rebuild this thing, and Al Quidy is gonna put an A bomb in there. That's what they're gonna do.)

However, Fox News put great effort into detailing the injuries. I'm so glad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 21:10:31 |Display all floors

More like 40 years of deferred maintance...

... and repeated underfunding in the state budgets for 'more worthy' pork - like welfare and methadone clinics.
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 21:22:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-8-2 21:10
... and repeated underfunding in the state budgets for 'more worthy' pork - like welfare and methadone clinics.

There ya go. Yep.

And now a reminder as a public service from the Dept of Homeland Security -

THIS WAS NOT A TERRORIST ATTACK. PLEASE PUT AWAY YOUR DUCT TAPE, YOUR ANTHRAX VACCINE, AND YOUR IODINE TABLETS. PROCEED TO THE NEAREST MALL AND RESUME SPENDING TO YOUR CREDIT LIMIT. THAT IS ALL. THANK YOU.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-2 21:40:09 |Display all floors

Not really...

Seriously 1st_resp, this is an issue that is going to be coming to head more and more in the next 10 years or so in America.  I know of a couple of older bridges in the Metro Detroit area that need immediate replacement - but the funds and will have been weak to do so.

And this is a warning to China, Japan, Europe, and everybody else - bridges are not immortal, they need to be cared for and repaired - less what happened in there will happen elsewhere (Obi-Wan Voice).
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.