Author: laughingcrow

Visa [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-31 19:44:25 |Display all floors
Hi~ a website would help u~~~
www.foreignercn.com
which contains lots of info about China and makes foreigners'life easier in China.
welcome to China  ^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-31 23:50:59 |Display all floors
The price has gone up, there have been some recent new rules, I don't know what exactly, but I spoke to some folks last time I was in HK a month ago, seems it costs a lot more now. It is definitely cheaper to get it done outside of HK.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-31 23:53:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 09:00:48 |Display all floors

Part 2

Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 09:27:37 |Display all floors

I have pretty much very similar cases to that of zglobal

but not with Australia, but with Europe (Shenghen) and the USA.

I can understand that some countries try to avoid unwanted inmigration, what I can't understand sometimes is the criteria used to accept or deny a visa. Examples I have witnessed first hand:

A) Businessman from Guangdong. Company more than 10 years old...steady sales and income, several properties, including the factory facilities. Applies for visa to the USA to attend trade fair for 1 week, plus 1 week holiday in New York. Denied entry visa for risk of illegal inmigration (sic). Guy travels alone and leaves behind wife and a kid,  plus business.

B) Student. Fresh graduate from Guangzhou Normal University in international trade and commerce. No income, family is normal, father worker, mother housewife. Applies for student visa in France to learn  language and persue Master Degree. Granted. Off she will go in September.

Now, tell me, what good reason would a guy, who owns several businesses and properties in HIS MOTHERLAND have, to inmigrate into another country bare handed? Isn't it more likely that the student from Guangzhou tries to STAY in Europe to make a living after study?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 09:38:13 |Display all floors
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-1 10:39:43 |Display all floors

I see your point...........

and to a certain extend I agree with it, but still. He has no intention whatsoever to "inmigrate" in the USA. I can guarantee you that. His life here is far better than the one he would have over in USA.

I was not pointing how he got rich or whether he is very rich or not. Nothing of that was asked for his visa application. Only assets, bank accounts and owned properties. Besides I didn't point out that he HAS already visited the USA before to attend the same trade fair.

His company supllies bathroom accesories for the main "big boxes" in the USA.

I keep my point here....there is no "reasonable" criteria to accept or deny a visa.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.