Author: sexlion

Long hair, Less eyesight? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-4 20:06:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sinfulgirl at 2008-1-4 19:48
Then what's the relationship between 'strong body and IQ'?

Actually, there isn't any.

Are you familiar with Stephen Hawking? Said to the most brilliant mind the world has ever seen and he hasn't been able to get out of his wheelchair or talk without mechanical aids for most of his adult life.

And the "long hair - short sighted" idea comes from - oddly enough - Shanghai where they say that beautiful woman with long hair are like blondes in N. America...pretty but dumb and only wanting money.

There's another one from Shanghai but I can't quite remember it that goes - in English - "Long hair, short brains" that has a similar meaning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-4 20:12:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-1-4 20:06

Are you familiar with Stephen Hawking? Said to the most brilliant mind the world has ever seen and he hasn't been able to get out of his wheelchair or talk without ...

So the blacks happen to have the strongest body and the lowest IQ?
and Eastern Asians happen to.....?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-4 20:15:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-1-4 20:06

Are you familiar with Stephen Hawking? Said to the most brilliant mind the world has ever seen and he hasn't been able to get out of his wheelchair or talk without ...

'Strong body' ,'long legs' etc. all resulted from 'natural selection'. The rules of natural selection play a more important role in those who are less evolved.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-4 22:40:24 |Display all floors

So Canchin...

is this racist enough for you?
Or is she also a patriot on the defensive?

Originally posted by sinfulgirl at 2008-1-4 20:12

So the blacks happen to have the strongest body and the lowest IQ?
and Eastern Asians happen to.....?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-4 22:49:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinesequeen at 2007-12-31 20:26

That has to do with men are not taking on enough responsibilities. Women play multiple roles, especially career women. They juggle between family and work and lead to essentially zero time for so ...

But are women's main role still the house-keeping and child-nourishing...? Those're what they feel content.....
Another day , another dollars!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-6 05:19:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by canchin at 2008-1-4 19:44
Tuofa chang...xinyuan duan!

hummm you think that way? xinyuan doesn't sound right, do you meean"xinyan" rather? But i get what you are trying to say, it is not right ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-6 05:25:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by robertcheng at 2008-1-4 22:49

But are women's main role still the house-keeping and child-nourishing...? Those're what they feel content.....

House keeping can be easily done by hiring others if your man doesn't help. Of course minimum maintenance  can be done unless too involved. I am talking about quality time spent around the house. I will not be content if my role is just a home-maker and a soccer mom. Guess each woman has different expectations, I want more than just that.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.