Views: 229463|Replies: 713

China: A Role Model to All Nations [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-22 09:04:29 |Display all floors
China is a role model to all developing nations around the globe.

After centuries of oppression and domination by western nations, most developing nations are trying to pull their nations up from poverty. They look at China's rapid progress as an example.

China also give aid and technical help to these nations and have formed many bilateral relations for the benefit of everyone.

However, it is not only the developing nations that benefit from China. The developed nations benefit as well.

Recently, China has helped to arbitrate between the US and North Korea. There are also many more examples too numerous to mention.

Question: Is it a good idea for China to act as a role model or should she just quietly mind her own business?
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 09:06:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 09:08:00 |Display all floors
China has shown all nations that you can still be successful by expanding through commerce and diplomacy, not by the imperialism demonstrated by the US/UK.

China has not exhibited any desire to step outside its own borders.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 09:16:07 |Display all floors
she acts not only as a role model but also she focuses more on business development. Just like Great xiao ping said, we must put full energy in business establishing as our key task.  So do business, do relationship firstly...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 09:18:04 |Display all floors
The cost of roads, railways,power stations and bridges being built in Africa by chinese companies is reckoned by experts to be 25-30% below those of their western counterparts.

In South Africa we see the same trend, where chinese firms have been winning work on major projects because they are bidding considerably lower than other companies.

Also, the chinese reputation for the speed of construction is widely recognised.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 09:20:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changabula at 2007-7-22 09:08
China has shown all nations that you can still be successful by expanding through commerce and diplomacy, not by the imperialism demonstrated by the US/UK.

China has not exhibited any desire to ...

her expanding diplomacy is based on her huge financial power...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 09:20:35 |Display all floors
China is improving the lives of so many who live in Africa.

It seems to me that the this sleeping tiger has woken up and is trying to improve life not only for her own but others as well.

She is not going into countries with arms to destroy the people and their livelihoods.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-7-22 09:21 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.