Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-17 05:14:40 |Display all floors

Post #41

You should stick your head somewhere other than your ar$e and get some new phrases for your boring rhetoric ... but anyway I see that you have a problem with the concept that misinformation can be found in many places ...

I see that you have no explanation for what I showed is available through Google. As usual you throw around cheap insults at the poster because you have no sensible reply - just your usual mix of p*ss and wind.

So, for a change:

a) Kindly STFU you xenophobic troll.
Or
b) Provide reasoned, constructive counter-argument to explain the links that my Google search throws up.

Good luck – I will not hold my breath on either option.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 05:15:40 |Display all floors

Post #41

You should stick your head somewhere other than your ar$e and get some new phrases for your boring rhetoric ... but anyway I see that you have a problem with the concept that misinformation can be found in many places ...

I see that you have no explanation for what I showed is available through Google. As usual you throw around cheap insults at the poster because you have no sensible reply - just your usual mix of p1ss and wind.

So, for a change:

a) Kindly STFU you xenophobic troll.
Or
b) Provide reasoned, constructive counter-argument to explain the links that my Google search throws up.

I will not hold my breath on either option.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 05:21:46 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 16-7-2007 21:00
If you google " misinfromation BBC " you will also get a mountain of things to read

I found some great sites:

http://infolanka.com/org/kalaya/new070.htm

"It is well known that the BBC , which is supposed to be impartial is pro Tamil racist"

From a self-confessed Sinhala nationalist, the ethnic majority in Sri Lanka - somehow I doubt the nationalists are very sympathetic to the minority Tamils, so anyone showing any compassion towards them is a "racist". You're racist if you put forward an argument for someone you don't like - not terribly logical that.......

http://www.williambowles.info/ini/2006/0206/ini-0395.html

This weirdo complains because of silly little things. Forget the fact the BBC is detailing events of torture by the US in Abu Ghraib, etc - they're not reporting it in the way he wants!!!!!!

----

Sure the BBC gets things wrong, but then EVERY media organisation does. That is not what the thread is about.

It's about the BBC supposedly having an anti-China bias because it mentioned an actual fact, specifically firms censoring themselves to enter the Chinese market. Of course mengzhi is dancing away from that because he knows the argument is ridiculous.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 06:05:37 |Display all floors

Bluddy Biased Cowards

The British are biased.  They enjoy taking digs at those they percieve as less priviledged and less able to hit back at them.  So they enjoy taking cheap shots.

The BBC panders to their public and their source of support.

If they perceive that their public would enjoy humiliating even their queen, they would do so.  But then, she is one of very few who have the clout to hit back.  Just wait till she no longer has that clout, then it will be free season on even their royalty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 06:30:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yaoyin at 16-7-2007 22:05
The British are biased.

I think you are much more biased and prejudiced.  

Just wait till she no longer has that clout, then it will be free season on even their royalty

The Queen is highly respected by the public, which is the main reason she isn't attacked by the BBC. All opinion polls show her good approval rating.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 12:09:00 |Display all floors

Reply #44 yaoyin's post

Hey! Keep the Queen out of this s-h-i-t!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 15:30:39 |Display all floors

The English world is not the world.

guitar man is not all that hot with insults either. The common pub crawl variety ; a dime a dozen. Try harder mate.

mencius ;  you forget that you are still wandering in the fog of the British Empire / World . It has shrunken mate. Britannia hardly rules the Channel , never mind the waves !  If you want universal information , the least you need to do is to search the English google ( of course ) and the Chinese equivalent ( a must ). You see the landscape of the political garden has dramatically and drastically changed . The " world " is no longer the " English world " alone. There is the Asian world , the African world , the South American world , The Middle East world ........etc.

The Anglo centric view is too narrow in this the 21st century . Learn Chinese and you can reach out to the other half of the world.  Try.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.