Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-23 18:57:16 |Display all floors
I have often heard that the BBC is biased towards China on this forum.
The fact that it is banned here in China suggests that the powers that be may be of the same opinion.
It is curious that no one has posted any evidence to support this claim.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 20:33:31 |Display all floors

The evidence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/re ... ons/tibetan_1.shtml

The BBC claims:

Tibetan Buddhism
Tibetan Buddhism is a religion in exile, forced from its homeland when Tibet was conquered by the Chinese. At one time it was thought that 1 in 6 Tibetan men were Buddhist monks.

The truth is... Tibetan Buddhism flourish in Tibet even in the mainland. Those in exile are political separatists, not religious representative.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-7-23 08:36 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 20:54:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 23-7-2007 12:33 PM
The truth is... Tibetan Buddhism flourish in Tibet even in the mainland. Those in exile are political separatists, not religious representative.

If that is the truth then please provide a link to support it.

I was hoping you would have more than one URL to support the topic of this thread.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 20:59:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-7-23 20:54
If that is the truth then please provide a link to support it.

I was hoping you would have more than one URL to support the topic of this thread.

You may see it in Tibet by yourself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 21:01:50 |Display all floors

Is this the LINK generation ?

[color=Red ] what is this phenomenon of  " link " me this and " link " me that ? The evidence have all been presented and repeated en bloc . What more do you want ? The  BBC has been found to have been doing a lot of footsies under the table for a long time. Many competitions were faked and winners manufactured , for years !  If you lot don't or can't believe this ( from your trusty old BBC some of them ) than no amount of " links " are going to help .

The  other aspect is for these fat and lazy idles to do their own homework instead of being spoon fed. No wonder the western societies are going to the dogs. Next you will subscribe to an Indian call center to send someone round to change your nappy . OMG !!   

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2007-7-23 09:08 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 21:04:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 23-7-2007 12:59 PM
You may see it in Tibet by yourself.

Sorry, not good enough.

If the BBC website is wrong then show everyone here: why should one person's opinion be taken as fact when compared to, for example, a news organisation? Of course, we do not know who wrote that article either ...

Your link is not a news story and therefore tucked away quite deep on the BBC website so not exactly something that gets many hits ...
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-23 21:07:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-7-23 21:04
Your link is not a news story and therefore tucked away quite deep on the BBC website so not exactly something that gets many hits ... ...

Make this clear, it's within BBC archives, encyclopedia... whatever. If it's not BBC responsibilty, then whose? I should find the writer?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.