Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-21 19:27:18 |Display all floors

Mother of all humbugs.

emu,

This " we are accountable and transparent " mantle is thin to non existent. I think you need to try another ploy because this old and tired excuse just don't hold water anymore . These " revelations " are from outside sources, not from within the BBC . The sheer weight of the public civic minded citizens willing to point fingers at the emperor with no clothes is the trigger.  This is no longer an isolated incidence , a " bad apple " .  It is an orchard full of rotten and decomposing apples !!

So it is with the " Dossier on WMD " , " Honour for cash " and all the torture and extra-judicial killings in Iraq and Afghanistan. None of the people or departments who dished out these bad deeds have ever offered the details of the crimes or dishonour . It is the nosy journalists and the public ( some serving soldiers ) who exposed all the above. So spare us the lecture on " honesty , liberty and accountability ". The length to which  the departments involved went to to keep the lid on the stench has to be seen to be believed.  So away with all humbug please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 19:44:28 |Display all floors
Note to readers ....

Mengzhi does not speak for the British public and does not have a clue what the views of the people are. Neither does he know how the BBC or other news sources have tackled most of the stories discussed here.

Those of us who live in the UK can decide for ourselves what is going on - there are plenty of news sources to digest.

I would worry more about a government-controlled media outlet myself ......
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 19:48:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-21 21:27
It is the nosy journalists and the public ( some serving soldiers ) who exposed all the above. So spare us the lecture on " honesty , liberty and accountability ". The length to which  the departments involved went to to keep the lid on the stench has to be seen to be believed.    ...

Yep, there's always the potential for crooked behaviour, corruption and abuse in all societies.

The difference here is exactly what you just explained, the nosy journalists, the public and some serving soldiers who expose these situations.

It was also those nosy journalists from the west that exposed the human organ trade, the noise from the west which publicised the poisonous toothpaste and the deadly pet food exports.
Yet when some "nosy journalist" tries to expose crooked behaviour in certain countries, he risks his own life as the criminals and thugs and even government officials try to silence him. I think you'll find there's a report on exactly this subject on China Daily.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 19:55:45 |Display all floors
Anyway, can somebody provide links to BBC news stories which show an anti-China bias? Not personal opinion or ranting.

Also, then address the issues regarding CCTV. (Rough translation: quit moaning about the BBC and sort out problems in China ... Not that most of the moaners live in China anyway) ...

Facts .... proof .... The clock is ticking.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 22:26:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-7-21 21:55
Facts .... proof .... The clock is ticking. ...

I think the clock will wind down before we see any facts or proof from the usual suspects.

What will happen is they'll all "call it" and claim they've "won" the debate (basically by chickening out of taking it any further), and move on to the next lot of lies and propaganda they vomit forth.

It's a great strategy, no intelligence, research or integrity required whatsoever! How easy is that !!!  
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 22:31:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 21-7-2007 02:26 PM
It's a great strategy, no intelligence, research or integrity required whatsoever! How easy is that !!!  

I would have hoped that someone could show that the "BBC (is) biased against China" as that is the topic.

Also, if the BBC are lying about China then expose the lies and list the stories here too (complete with links) ...

I appreciate that the BBC news website may be blocked in China - could prevent a few links getting through ....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-22 00:09:38 |Display all floors
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages ... amp;in_page_id=1770

We are biased, admit the stars of BBC News

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.