Author: taikor

BBC biased against China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-20 22:36:56 |Display all floors
Well mengzhi, the BBC gets rid of the only decent people that they have.

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-20 21:59
Chang,

You just do not know " democracy " at work even when you trip over it , do you ? The British troops do not DO nasty things, they are after all British . Have you not seen the wo ...

Look how they got rid of Greg Dyke the director.

Does that not show that they don't like the truth to come out?

The BBC has lost any respect over the way it has behaved in its biased reporting since Hutton.

Let's face the facts, mengzhi: The BBC filed an unsubstantiated and unfounded story and passed it off as reality, then failed to apologize.

Is this the sort of news media we can trust?

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-7-20 10:43 PM ]
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 22:49:19 |Display all floors
mengzhi, here are some facts to back up why we cannot trust the BBC:

BBC: Queen 'storming' footage misleading
The BBC says a trailer appearing to show the Queen storming out of a sitting "misrepresented" events.

BBC launches 'deception' review of shows
The BBC asks senior staff to share concerns about "deception" in shows following the Blue Peter scandal.

Ofcom fines BBC £50,000 over 'Blue Peter'
Ofcom imposes a £50,000 fine on the BBC over the Blue Peter phone-in scandal.

BBC to investigate payments to stars
BBC Trust announces it will investigate salaries, but executives at the corporation defend the payments.

Trust: BBC Jam closure "in public interest"
BBC Trust looks forward to new proposals for online education service after "public interest" closure.

BBC investigating Blair's speech cut-off
BBC director of news Helen Boaden issues an apology for BBC Two's decision to switch from Tony Blair's final PMQs to tennis.

BBC rejects 'Apprentice' contestant's complaint
Former Apprentice contestant Mani Sandher complained about unfair editing on the show.

BBC Trust: Corporation must be more impartial
BBC Trust report warns of a lack of impartiality within the corporation and sets out new guidelines.

No inquiry over Woolmer 'Panorama'
The BBC says it will not launch a formal inquiry into its Panorama special on the death of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer.

BBC man rebuked over Scientology show
The BBC rebukes an award-winning Panorama reporter who lost his temper with a Scientologist.

etc. etc. etc.

By the way, expect more scandals and bias from the BBC in the future, as they use more commercial companies to make programmes for them, it's the way the commercial sector in media works.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 22:53:40 |Display all floors
Treasury makes complaint to BBC about Gordon Brown film
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2126705,00.html

Vanessa Thorpe, David Smith and Nicholas Watt
Sunday July 15, 2007
The Observer

The BBC was involved in a fresh row last night over the use of independent production companies after the flagship Newsnight programme admitted mixing up the chronology in a film about Gordon Brown.

As the corporation drew up plans for a complete amnesty on confessions of past trickery, Newsnight faced complaints from the Treasury about the film on Brown's leadership campaign. The Treasury believes that Jamie Campbell, an independent film-maker, changed the chronology in his film to exaggerate the role of its press officers who refused to co-operate with him. Campbell gives the impression that the Treasury deliberately targeted him for questioning by police knowing he was making a film for Newsnight. The press officer is shown blocking Campbell from filming Brown as he arrived for an event at Lancaster House on 5 June.

--------------------------------------------------

Am I winning my arguments, mengzhi?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 12:22:27 |Display all floors

And you want news !

Big Brother Comedy : BBC.

All right Chang , I will let you win for the moment but beware , I shall return. What about all the hidden news about China that the CCTV does not publish then ? What about all the nasty things even the Chinese don't realize. There is no excuse for not broadcasting things simply because you don't know .We at the BBC would cook it up , spice it and sex it to taste. How about copying us ? It is all " everything goes the Big Brother Show ".  That is the standard of the BBC .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 16:32:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-7-21 12:22
Big Brother Comedy : BBC.

All right Chang , I will let you win for the moment but beware , I shall return. What about all the hidden news about ...

Oh, I win, win.

[ Last edited by changabula at 2007-7-21 04:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 18:09:28 |Display all floors

BBC and the Queen

Originally posted by mencius at 2007-7-17 06:30

I think you are much more biased and prejudiced.  

The Queen is highly respected by the public, which is the main reason she isn't attacked by the BBC. All opinion polls show her good ap ...

Check this out:

BBC gets grovelling apology over Queen clip - TelegraphThe independent production company at the centre of the row over misleading television footage of the Queen today issued a grovelling apology to the BBC. ...
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... 07/16/nqueen116.xml - 40k

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-21 18:48:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lioncity at 2007-7-21 20:09
BBC gets grovelling apology over Queen clip - TelegraphThe independent production company at the centre of the row over misleading television footage of the Queen today issued a grovelling apology to the BBC. ......

Um, so a British production company makes a misleading video clip, the BBC uses it in good faith and the truth comes out. The BBC apologises and the production company which made the offending video also apologises.

The media in the UK made a mistake, they got found out, acknowledged their errors, apologised and made inquiries to find out how it happened and prevent similar future occurrences.

Lessons to be learned for the government controlled media in certain other countries which never admits mistakes and takes part in misleading reporting.

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.