Views: 14077|Replies: 64

Your Partner maintaining friendship with his/her's ex [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-14 06:24:26 |Display all floors
My girlfriend is back in Hong Kong visiting her family and friends. I am in Australia. Her and her ex from a 7 year relationship went out for dinner and went shopping after dinner.  She told me before they met her plans to meet with him, but I was surprised on how much time they spent together.  She said that it is acceptable in her culture for ex partners who have a peaceful breakup to maintain a friendship.  Ok,,, I trust her so after a mild culture shock, we are great.  I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this and should there be any limitation on what they do together and how much time they spend together.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 06:39:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drtrain at :24
My girlfriend is back in Hong Kong visiting her family and friends. I am in Australia. Her and her ex from a 7 year relationship went out for dinner and went shopping after dinner.  She told me bef ...

Sorry to hear that. It sounds bit weird,  though you'd never know they may really just have a so called pure friendship. Do they spend loads of time together in Hongkong now or just a meal or two?
No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 07:21:47 |Display all floors
It is weird to me.  It would be something I wouldn't do.  But if you trust someone, you trust them. I always tell myself that she didn't even have to tell me what she was doing.  She could of easily hide it.  And So far it has been only one dinner, but he has been calling her about once a week to meet her for dinner.  She been telling him she is to busy to meet.  By your response,  I am assuming that this is not a cultural thing.  She told me alot of her friends are still friends with there ex's.  I said yea,, ok,,, but how many are still sleeping together every once in a while.  That she couldn't answer.  I believe people should be free to be themselves.  I would never tell her who she could and couldn't be friends with.  I guess in any given situation, should trust always rule over any insecurity?  No lie committed,  No crime.  right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 07:42:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drtrain at :21
It is weird to me.  It would be something I wouldn't do.  But if you trust someone, you trust them. I always tell myself that she didn't even have to tell me what she was doing.  She could of easil ...

I don't think there is anything to do with the culture. Its more likely up to the individual. If you have already made up your mind to trust her, there is no point to think too much. I wish you the best...:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 07:47:33 |Display all floors
Thank you,,,, But what would you do?  Would you accept you partner and ex being friends and meeting without you?  No one else has had to handle an ex being friends with their partner? hmmm?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 07:59:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by drtrain at :47
Thank you,,,, But what would you do?  Would you accept you partner and ex being friends and meeting without you?  No one else has had to handle an ex being friends with their partner? hmmm?

hm.. Sorry, I have never been in such a situation before. Not sure about anyone else. If I were you, I'd fly to Hongkong and stay with her. If this makes sense?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-14 08:12:00 |Display all floors
Hi

I think it is weird...i will never stay friends with my ex...because i dont believe love ends in friendship....it makes me feel strange to be friend with him...maybe im still young so i think like that....maybe when i get a bit mature...i will change the way i think towards it...

in your case....since you want to trust her...then trust her...dont need to think too much about it....because if she wants to cheat on you with her ex...she can always do that...and you have no chance to catch them maybe.......

after all....mutual trust is important in a relationship...if you cant trust her...or you are suspicious aobut the friendship she has with her ex...you can always ask her......
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.