Author: cel8023

Will you attend your ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend's wedding? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-6 04:21:51 |Display all floors

Your choice

Originally posted by cel8023 at 3-7-2007 06:41
My former boyfriend will marry with another girl.He invited me to attend his wedding.Now,I hesitated whether I should go.I'm very confused.

It depends what your current relationship with him is. Are you still friends and happy with the fact you moved on? Do you want to see him get married?

If the answer is that you are not really friends or have a very basic relationship, and/or you don't want to see him get married then don't go.

If the answer is that you are still good friends and have moved on from the time when you were close and want to see him get married, then do go.

So basically do what you want. There's nothing wrong with being friends with an ex-partner, but don't go because you feel you "should". It's up to you.
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 04:28:56 |Display all floors

Depends...

Are you on good terms as friends?   Do you think he has an "agenda" for inviting you?

A few pointers:
  • If you are prettier than her (use your own judgement) then you don't have to worry about him or his friends trying to "brag" about his new bride.
  • Ideally, bring a date with you to equalize the situation as much as possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 07:29:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shawnhong at 2007-7-5 23:07

er~~~~perhaps the fact is the man love his new bride...it is not a movie,it is reality....however ,my suggestion is to face bravely

do you really think that the bride is the happiest ever??...the bride is his last girlfriend....she got the marriage she longs for....but this doesnt necessarily mean she has won the eternal love....the man just changed himself...he probably doesnt really fall in love with her that deep...in fact....the bride/the last girlfriend might be the unlucky woman...because she is just someone he 'uses' to memorize the past.....
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 09:59:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cel8023 at 2007-7-3 14:41
My former boyfriend will marry with another girl.He invited me to attend his wedding.Now,I hesitated whether I should go.I'm very confused.

To go or not to go is not the question, and the issue is what runs in your mind.
Do you still love him,if so.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 10:03:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cel8023 at 2007-7-3 14:41

attend, with your new handsome boy friend,maybe i could go with you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 10:08:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by haagendazs at 2007-7-3 15:21
If I were you...why not? I would go...can't be couple but also be friends...it won't lose your face.

If you wouldn't go, seems you still care...you still...well...can't let it go...

In additi ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-6 10:32:41 |Display all floors

Will you DATE yr Friends EX???

another question is will you date her/him yr friend EX
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.