Views: 3412|Replies: 8

how to quit smoking [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-27 18:34:05 |Display all floors
i have tried for many times to quit smoking.
i am a heavy smoker.
do you have any practical ways to kiss tobaccoo goodbye?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 19:15:07 |Display all floors
cold turkey, save an open pack to sit somewhere in your house, pick up alot of aerobic activity, change your diet as well,  eat healthier, and pick up  as many hobbies as you can that will keep you busy, change friends, stop drinking, dont go to any smokey places, learn to hate the smell of smoke

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 19:45:59 |Display all floors

-

You have to WANT to quit before you can decide to quit smoking. I've smoked for 50 years and do not want to quit. I tried a few times but did not want to quit.

You need to be serious about wanting to quit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 20:02:04 |Display all floors
As I know,there are some drugs can help to quit smoking,somewhat like a chewing gum,it does contain

nicotin.

Once you want to have a smoke,just take it.

The most importance,as spiritrace have said,

however,is how serious the decision you make to quit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 20:13:19 |Display all floors
It may help if you can put yourself through a strict regime:

pick one day, say tomorrow;
on that day, put away the packet  of cigarettes and lighter;
don't take your usual types of food or drink; oily, starchy food or coffee, tea, alcohol - all out;
take vegetables and fibrous fruits, maybe some porridge without meat;
drink at least seven bottles of mineral water on that day; space them out;
take some laxative to clear the bowels; you will feel quite weak;
walk around the whole day until you are tired; stay away from any smoker so that you don't inhale;
when you are tired, heavy in breathing, fed-up with life, take a cold shower; use a lot of soap, wash the hair;
cut your fingernails (notice how stained yellow the skin on the index and middle fingers).
if after doing all these you still feel a sharp gnawing pull in the stomach, it's alright to find a woman and give her a hug (or man, if you're a woman) - but explain to her/him that she/he will actually be saving your life.
Make sure understanding is complete otherwise complications will happen.

If after doing all this it still doesn't work,  on the day after that,
do it all over AGAIN.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 21:58:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by markwu at 2007-6-27 20:13
It may help if you can put yourself through a strict regime:

pick one day, say tomorrow;
on that day, put away the packet  of cigarettes and lighter;
don't take your usual types of food or dri ...

hahhah, i think it hard to remember all of your suggestions instead of observing it.
Could you tell me how to completly  observing it if I am a forgetful person? maybe it is hard for me to remenber it, so if I need to write it down, and put the notice on the place where I see it easily

I am not smoking, actually, I think it is a habit for some ppl, not physical issue.:)
Unfortunately, you have got this habit, nobody can help you except for yourslef ...

good luck!!!    hope you can share your experience about how to quit smoking someday.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-28 09:05:58 |Display all floors

-

Even though most of us smokers will not admit it, smoking is an addiction.......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.