Views: 2930|Replies: 5

randomized placebo controlled trials [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-24 09:22:25 |Display all floors
She stresses that the lesson from this study should not be that men go out and start taking testosterone as they age. "This is an observational study, and all we have found is an association," Laughlin says. "Until we can do the randomized placebo controlled trials, we don't even know that testosterone is safe for men."

It is abstracted from normal speed VOA.I can not understand "do the randomized placebo controlled trials".Thx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-24 09:58:44 |Display all floors
随机安慰剂对照试验

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-24 11:32:02 |Display all floors

fyi

about "placebo controlled"
Placebo-controlled: A term used to describe a method of research in which an inactive substance (a placebo) is given to one group of participants, while the treatment (usually a drug or vaccine) being tested is given to another group. The results obtained in the two groups are then compared to see if the investigational treatment is more effective than the placebo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-24 12:01:36 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-6-24 12:03:43 |Display all floors
安慰剂对照 与 安慰疗法 是完全不同的事情。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-24 14:12:11 |Display all floors
hehe you just misunderstand me I just want to give more relevant information,but thank you for reading my thread!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.