Author: zglobal

Should China Use a Failed Democratic Model? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-20 00:57:05 |Display all floors
For a large country like US, democracy is hard to maintain when the empire turns outward. Already Bush has put many elements of a police state in place. I won't be surprise when the day come when the whole facade is torn down.

This is in reply to schreiber btw.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 01:26:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by schreiber at 2007-6-20 01:10
Zuraffo,

Well, it's not really a facade yet. Bush has only started to gut the building and he'll soon be out of office. We'll see what happens then.

The possible successor: Giuliani, McCain, Gingritch are warmongers with little difference.

Hillary/ Obama won't make it.

So... I'm also curious what will happen then.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-6-21 12:32 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 01:36:53 |Display all floors
I am not sure Bush will leave the office now that several elements are in place. It is quite easy to create an accident and declare state of emergency.

For the sake of humanity and the US constitutions (which I think was great, btw), I hope I am just being paranoid. But there are several worrying signs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 01:39:09 |Display all floors
NW, Hillary is no less of a hardliner. She still needs to suck up to AIPAC to ensure her campaign wasn't sabotage. Obama is a crowd pleaser that spout empty political correct statements. If he get elected he will be easily manipulated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-20 09:50:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Roach Exterminator

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 00:33:40 |Display all floors
I typed it wrong upside there.

Should me Hillary/ Obama won't make it.

Corrected.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-21 18:19:34 |Display all floors

zglobule

Originally posted by zglobal at 20-6-2007 01:50
mencus, please explain your definition of support. I agree with basic health care, legal representation and education.
So what is your point ?????
What do you want?

I'll ask a similar question - what is your definition of "basic health care, legal representation and eduction"?

What do you mean my definition of support? Support in regards to what? What amount of support people should have from the State? And for whom? People in Australia, China, the Netherlands, etc? Obviously what those countries can afford is not the same at the moment.

What I said is that the Chinese population is not spoiled and as such have a lot of self respect which I admire.

As I pointed out, a certain sector of the population is spoilt - not by the State but by their parents, relatives and friends/associates. Do they have your admiration?

Also I'm not sure if that was the point you were making. As usual I think you saw a point about how another country does something better than China/something that China could do better (in this case social care for the population) and went into "defensive mode" trying to undermine what other forum members were saying because you didn't like it.

or do you just like to prattle on inanely about a subject?

No, I leave that "honour" to you. :)

[ Last edited by mencius at 2007-6-21 10:22 AM ]
"People are the water, the ruler is the boat; water can carry the boat, but it can also capsize it."

-- Li Shimin (2nd Tang Emperor, "Taizong")

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.