Views: 6090|Replies: 11

Cultural differences in marriage/dating. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-14 09:41:28 |Display all floors
I don't understand some things here about chinese culture.  I try my best and can mentally understand the aspects however, trying to utilitze them in my life I just cannot do it. Sometimes, these things make me very tired. But, I strive onward..

What I want to ask is this...

So many girls/women here like to date laowai. Ok, i know the reasons. its cool with me. But, if you want to get serious with someone then the problems may begin.  How is it you can bring the laowai home to mama and baba?  whats that going to be like?

my question really is..

Do you think the future generations of china will be more open like western cultures or will they retain traditional values?
It's  a cold world Blood. No mercy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 12:50:42 |Display all floors
So you know the reasons why girls wanna date laowai....please enlighten me on that...cos I dont really get it....

Why cant?...my mother is learning English...besides...if laowai likes me...he should learn some simple daily converstaion in chinese....as i speak english....ha.....

I think the future generation should retain the traditional values...because it si China...and i am chinese...it is nice to retain the traditional values....though i am not one good example at retaining the traditional values..
I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 15:09:12 |Display all floors
i guess there's no so-called cultural difference in love coz  love is just love , it differs only to which way do u prefer more to make it happen....IF u really love someone, it doesnt matter the cultural difference at all
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 19:56:24 |Display all floors

Cultural Differences

My wife is Asian. When I met her parents we talked a long time. It was only after I demonstrated a knowledge and understanding of their culture did they accept me as their son. It was not hard for me since I do enjoy learning and it is a fascinating culture. So live and learn and love. If you go blindly into another culture you will do 2 things, first you will be seen as ignorant, 2nd you will miss out on the environment around you and the people that make that environment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 20:02:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by star_light at 2007-6-14 19:56
My wife is Asian. When I met her parents we talked a long time. It was only after I demonstrated a knowledge and understanding of their culture did they accept me as their son. It was not hard for  ...

As long as u love chinese culture, it's easier for one to accept the difference
flying without wings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 22:52:47 |Display all floors

It is more likely that

Originally posted by bornof_fire at 2007-6-13 21:41
I don't understand some things here about chinese culture.  I try my best and can mentally understand the aspects however, trying to utilitze them in my life I just cannot do it. Sometimes, these t ...

Future Chinese  culture becomes more inclusive yet still keeping strong traditional value.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 23:19:07 |Display all floors
Never will china lost her traditional value,

but somewhat the western cultures will be mixed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.