Views: 21317|Replies: 178

culture difference between South and North China-how much did you experience? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-6 14:06:52 |Display all floors
i was born fron North China and greww up there ,

i had never realized that there is so huge culture difference  between souch and North  until i started my work in South China's Guangdong Province,

people speak quite different language which is regarded from an original Northern people, as something really exotic, i can 't even caught a tone when i heard about Cantonese at the fitst time ..i almost threw my rice bowl away in a panic when my local workmates chatting and bursting into laugh suddenly each time,  becuze i did not know what happened and what is happening among them..

diet difference is also a big challenge for a northern people who is living in South china..  they drink something which i have never seen before and i even doubtn it was fallen or rotten leaves from the tree , my suspisionn was proved to be somehow reasonable , iit was made fo leaves from herb instead of tree, of coursse not rotton leaves:) , for cooling and heat curing in summer.

i am enjoying my life in GZ , but i will be more happier if i can talk to many Norhtern people , who share the same experience with me:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 14:14:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janeli at 2007-6-6 14:06

i had never realized that there is so huge culture difference  between souch and North  until i started my work in South China's Guangdong Provi ...

i was told "one head difference".................
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 14:21:58 |Display all floors

Reply #2 caringhk's post

what is that?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 14:30:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janeli at 2007-6-6 14:06

i had never realized that there is so huge culture difference  between souch and North  until i started my work in South China's Guangdong Provi ...

I could understand you well how would you feel in GZ,,as years ago,I worked in a HK company..

do not be scared of the language barrier,suggest you watch more often the local TV and tried to get involved with the local life and culture..Life is always a challenging whatever you go...

I don't eat rice and sweet ,tasteless food in South,I eat chicken wings and fish ,I do survived..

Show ur good  and sincere attitude,I belive ppl around you would love you...

good luck,
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 14:36:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janeli at 2007-6-6 14:21
what is that?

the difference with HEIGHT............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 14:37:18 |Display all floors

Reply #4 shelleybelly's post

thank you very much for your suggestions shelleybelly,

i have get used to life here after living for 3 years, as to the language, i can speak some now, even though sounds like terrible "Manderine Cantonese ", but local people can understand waht i am saying

the best way to improve cantonese is to talk to local resident  who never speaks any Maderine, i once tried to talk to   my workmate;s mum, an 60 year old woman, wow...!!!!  i almost used my handes and feet to make all kinds of body gestures , she udnertstood me finally, we had a funny coversation....

experiencing culture difference is very interesting actually:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 14:38:36 |Display all floors

Reply #5 caringhk's post

and probably one more thing : difference with body Size:)

hahaha

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.