Author: xilaren

punishment or forgiveness [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-28 22:11:27 |Display all floors

re

Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-5-28 20:28
punishment

punishment will totally destory a man's life.

I remember now my aunt's story.

their primary school teacher did same thing to one girl.

he got punished in jail for 17 years.

when he was realeased,
he has nothing,
his parents died ;
he got no wife,
no friends,
no job.
and still,
the ppl look upon his with color glasses..
It seemed that the punishment would go along with him for ever-until his death..
where is the mercy from the God?
I belive everybody make mistakes in their life,
some did small,
some did big,
if there is regret called special medicine,
I think no body would like to make mistakes..
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 10:21:37 |Display all floors

-

If the guy/girl did something to a child then punishment is in order. If they did not do anything then a warning is in order.

The Christian doctrine also tells you to "obey the laws of the land", so if the laws dictate punishment for an act, then forgivness is out of the question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 10:36:11 |Display all floors
this is a missuse of trust and power over a young nieve victim , there can be no forgiveness . children need to be protected from these kind of animals .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 10:55:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cyberspook at 2007-5-29 10:36
this is a missuse of trust and power over a young nieve victim , there can be no forgiveness . children need to be protected from these kind of animals .

i heard America is considering

the death punishment for paedophiles.......

When will be the day..............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 10:58:40 |Display all floors
soon the bill will pass and Texas will give them the electric chair , not soon enough if you ask me .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 12:42:51 |Display all floors
If I would be in that person's place who have to make decision then I have to see a lot of things.

1. His previous record (so that I can check his mental attitude)
2. Is he guilty?
3. has he asked forgiveness from girl and did girl forgive him?
and etc.

I mean that poor little girl was abused and the people who say that we should blindly give mercy to that man are actually backing him and that crime too. I mean we don't know for how long that will remain in girl's memory and for how long will she be mentally tortured etc?

But I think that in these kind of cases man should be punished. A little or more, it depends on judge but atleast he should be punished because punishment is also a big way to prevent crime. I mean I always wonder to those people, who think that in all cases we should forgive, that criminals can do anything whatever they want but when it comes to punishes them, some people say that they should be forgiven. It not stops crime but promotes it.

I mean i am not saying that we should totally take away mercy. Person to person we should deal with these matters. Some people are not criminals. But sometimes because of some circumstances they do some crime. So in case we should see their history and their current mental attitude that now are they falling towards rehabilitation or towards crime?

If the person is guilty and promise that he/she will not repeat that crime again and his attitude also show this then i think mercy would be better. But if he/she is a habitual criminal then he/she deserves punishment.

If somebody will still say that no no we should forgive in all situations then take out all jails and prisons from world and then see will world become peaceful or hell?

Now in this person's case, I think you should also see his background too. And moreover that girl suffers. So I think its not fair to that girl that victim should suffer and criminal just say sorry and go away. He should also be punished a bit. But also see his history too.

I hope i made my self clear.

[ Last edited by ahmadi at 2007-5-29 12:45 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 13:08:38 |Display all floors
forgive?unless he feels guilty(most important),very repentant of what he has done,says sorry to the girl,and makes a warranty that it will never happen again.or he will treat forgiveness nothing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.