Views: 4343|Replies: 13

An Unfortunate Day [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-24 11:38:05 |Display all floors
Yesterday morning I got up at 6:00 to prepare breakfast for my daughter and husband. Then I went back to bed(I always do so) because I can have an hour to sleep. How precious it is, especially in the morning. Do you think so? When I got up again, it was 7:40. In order to save money and not to eat out, I grabbed a bite to eat. Then there was only 30 minutes left. I had to start out quickly because I always ride more than 20 minutes to my office. Unfortunately, my back tyre went flat. So I pumped it. At that time, I could still go to work on time if I rode fast. But God played a joke on me. A few minutes later, I felt something wrong with my front tyre. I didn't take care. Hardly had I thought it could manage to the office I heard an explosion. The tyre went completely flat. I stopped halfway where there was no direct bus to my office. I had to change once though it was not far away. The sun was shining brightly and there were so many people. When at last I got to my office, it was already 12:00. More than 40 yuan would be docked!
  That afternoon, after work, I took the same bus to get my bike back and had it repaired. It cost me 30 yuan. My god!
  How I regretted not going out early. How I regretted having breakfast at home. With more than 70 yuan I can have a good meal out.
  Hi, guys, if you find any mistakes, please correct it. Thanks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-24 11:55:50 |Display all floors
let it be, tomorrow is another day...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-24 12:46:00 |Display all floors
funny..........

Use magic tools Report

mickyz has been deleted
Post time 2007-5-24 16:21:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 08:50:08 |Display all floors
Thank you all, especially, mickyz. In fact, I don't really think it "unfortunate", just funny! And the phrase "grab a bite to eat" is right. I copied it from Longman Advanced American English Dictionary. The sentence is "Do we have time to grab a bite to eat before the movie?" Anyhow I know "grab a bite" is enough to express my feeling. Many thanks.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 09:45:34 |Display all floors

i feel for you...

Originally posted by holly666 at 2007-5-23 10:38 PM
Yesterday morning I got up at 6:00 to prepare breakfast for my daughter and husband. Then I went back to bed(I always do so) because I can have an hour to sleep. How precious it is, especially in t ...

hey, holly--i really really at the bottom of my heart feel for you & i didn't know your job place deducted some money from your lost time...what an idiot doing something like that...i never heard of deducting one's pay due to act of nature.  i am very upsetting 'bout your situation.  anyway, i hope you're feeling better now & don't think too much...money is always there but not your precious time!  btw...i like your style of writing...very humorous!  hilarously funny.  later!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 09:50:48 |Display all floors
Thank you all. We clock in and out every day. Really our company will deduct our pay according to the time. If the time we are late for is within half an hour, the pay of that time will be deducted. If the time is over half an hour, then an hour pay will be deducted no matter why you are late. All of us are used to it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.