Author: joanna_he

how many foreigners in Chengdu? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-26 13:58:42 |Display all floors

Well last night I counted

8 white foreigners

and three ruck-sacks

they were in groups and each group had at least one ruck-sack.

Later I went for a walk at 2 am and saw a lot of people but none obviously foreign

I just love watching Chengdu people trying to park their cars on (or extract their car from) the pavements outside restaurants

and the guys who run around shouting and yelling at them while they do it

"Keep going, don't worry about the tree, your car will fit"

Of course after a few bottles of the local "wine" getting the car out again at 2 am is much much more difficult

and that is my amusement

better than TV

"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-26 14:09:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-5-26 13:58
8 white foreigners

and three ruck-sacks

they were in groups and each group had at least one ruck-sack.

Later I went for a walk at 2 am and saw a lot of people but none obviously foreign

hahahaha,you are so funny,dont tell me u walked around and around at 2AM  just for watching chengdu ppl how to park their car
Let it be...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-26 14:54:30 |Display all floors

No I walk all night

when I don't want to go home

like last night

because I have lost one friend because her boyfriend will make too much trouble if she comes near me - so I have to go

and I lost my chance to speak to a girl who I think is very perfect for me

because some guy was just 100% selfish and ignorant

he just ignored the girl - he only saw me and his selfish brain just thought

the panda is out of his office so I should run to him and make him to do what I want, while I have chance

such points as "why is the panda out of his office?" "what is he doing?" and " Perhaps he likes that girl he is talking to"

never entered his selfish little mind

Now that guy is probably actually wondering

"Why wouldn't the panda do my work for me for free?"

"Why did he use angry words?"

"The work the panda does in not important and it must be easy (but I don't know anything about it, I just assume my work is more difficult and important) so the panda should be so happy to do my work for me."

"I don't know the panda's name and I have never helped him but we are good friends so he should help me to do all my work and I can pay him back by saying "Thank you""

Well selfish man

Pandas may look funny and act a bit stupid

but we pandas have been around for almost 20 million years and have sharp teeth and long claws

humans are rather pathetic by comparison
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-26 23:55:35 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joanna_he at 2007-5-26 00:01

you are welcome.i wonder you just agree with me  only one sentence?you may show different points?

When I have more time, I would love to share more points with you guys...for the time being, I have to be efficient and stretch my time to the max...hahahaha...there is an expression "stretch you money (dollars)"...I am borrowing that phrase for my own purpose..."stretch my time!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-27 20:11:51 |Display all floors
suddenly,an idea pops up in my mind,is it possible to make foreigners come together to share some informations?to be honest,my job is about renting apartments to foreigners,so wonder if you guys or your  friends want to rent an apartment in chengdu,but dont know where is nice?(free commision for tenants)also,if you guys wanna go somewhere,but dont know where is nice,so i may give you some ideas? just want to make sure if it's possible?please comment,thanks a million.
Let it be...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-27 22:11:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joanna_he at 2007-5-27 20:11
suddenly,an idea pops up in my mind,is it possible to make foreigners come together to share some informations?to be honest,my job is about renting apartments to foreigners,so wonder if you guys or ...

Why don't you show us the city map of Chengdu...color those desirable areas...maybe using different colours to designate the degree of desireablity...also tell us the reasons why it is considered "good" in people's eyes...list out the total cost of rental and management fee for each apartment (optional)...expected length of contract,  etc... I would be interested in  finding out the details.
:):)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-28 00:07:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-5-27 22:11

Why don't you show us the city map of Chengdu...color those desirable areas...maybe using different colours to designate the degree of desireablity...also tell us the reasons why it is consider ...

The Waterfront Situated on the Jin Jiang River, nearby Sichuan University, Wan Jiang Park, a pagoda called He Jiang Ting, which is a popular location for married couples to take photographs. Above this romantic location another set of buildings is the Shangri-La hotel chain which constructs a 36-story hotel with a ballroom annex of more than 2,000 square meters attached, as well as a 31-story office complex next door. The hotel features more than 600 rooms and serviced apartments and should be open by the end of May,2007.

The complex houses 1,143 apartments in six buildings, a fitness center, both an indoor and an outdoor pool (featuring a beach with sand brought in from Singapore), tennis courts, basketball court, BBQ area, skating area, playground and a gym etc. By the way, It’s convenient to transportation being just 3.5km away from the city center. Anyway, it’s really amazing, it makes you feel at home!
chengdu.jpg
Let it be...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.