Views: 53953|Replies: 171

What is the measure of success for China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-17 23:28:25 |Display all floors
Ladies and Gentlemen,

What is the measure of success and/or achievement that China, and the Chinese people are using to gauge themselves and their country?  I have read several, several different thoughts on this concept - but remain uncertain.  A few that I have read have been:

1)  Overtaking the U.S. in economics and military strength

2)  Continous improvement of past Chinese goals and achievements :)

3)  Gaining "Super-Power" Status on the world stage

4)  Taking over the world

So, what is the measurement?  Note: Please leave the flamethrowers at the door.

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 01:35:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-17 23:28
Ladies and Gentlemen,

What is the measure of success and/or achievement that China, and the Chinese people are using to gauge themselves and their country?  I have read several, several dif ...

It depends on the level you are aiming at.

To the ordinary person it is to have security and to live a happy and fruitful life.

To the government it is to see a successful country with all citizens living a happy and fruitful life.

To the military it is to provide security for all its citizens.

To the scientists, engineers, economists, business leaders and so on it is to see China leading at the forefront in their respective areas.

I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 01:52:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-17 23:28
Ladies and Gentlemen,

What is the measure of success and/or achievement that China, and the Chinese people are using to gauge themselves and their country?  I have read several, several dif ...

1)  Eliminating poverty and become a middle level economic entity, we need about 60 years to achieve this at curent pace.

2)  Revival of traditional culture and become a respected civilization in the world.

3)  To be the 'force of good' (this is something US establishment very nervous about )

4)  Common prosperity for Chinese all over the world, peace and stability in the region.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 06:28:58 |Display all floors

Where is the rest of the gang?

Where the heck is Markwu, Fat Dragon, Mengzhi, and rest of the gang?  Seriously, I would like get more input on this.  I figured the o' Chairman would have a post or two for this tread.

TraderVIc

[ Last edited by tradervic at 2007-5-17 04:30 PM ]

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 08:07:25 |Display all floors
the measurement:   Super -prosperity for 1.3 billion Chinese  &  wealth spill-over to the world's poor corners, esp. Asia and Africa and Oceania and elsewhere.

And yes, Taiwan must come home,  we will be patient to wait for another 20-30 years for a peaceful reunion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 15:10:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-18 06:28
Where the heck is Markwu, Fat Dragon, Mengzhi, and rest of the gang?  Seriously, I would like get more input on this.  I figured the o' Chairman would have a post or two for this tread.

Trade ...

To have FOOD on each & everyone tables............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 23:47:06 |Display all floors

Bump

(Thread Bump)

Where is the rest of the gang, MORE INPUT!  

TraderVic

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.