Author: middlekingdo

The Opium Wars [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-14 02:53:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 13-5-2007 11:25 AM
The opium wars have NO justifiable reasons, now matter how much you and your ilk try to spin and shine it up.

Where did I say that the wars were justified? Answer, I did not.

Where exactly did I say what you claim? Answer, I did not.

The only spin comes from you as you again seek to label others.

Stop pretending to be an ignorant f*ckwit. You know perfectly well what I have written and what I have not written in this thread.

Finally, learn how to use the quote button and learn how to post a URL. The quote button will actually stop you from making up vicious and fabricated claims about other people.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 03:03:25 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-5-13 19:25
Blind to reality.
tmphgt,

You are angry, like your mate emu because I show you up as a mirror would. You don't like what you see because there are a lot of eggs on the face. You are so used to acquiescent Chinese and Asians because they don't speak English well or they are too polite to confront the bigotry and zealotry that you spew. I am atypical because I grew up in the school of hard knocks : the harder the knocks, the less I move.

The opium wars have NO justifiable reasons, now matter how much you and your ilk try to spin and shine it up. It was one of the most criminal acts by a sovereign so called " civilised " nation on a defenceless country. It is amusingly sad to hear more of this babbling from those who are supposedly educated in trying to put some whitewash on it. You can call me what you like and be as personal and " offensive " as you like. I know that lots and lots of Chinese and reasoned people around the world agree with me. The more you rant the higher I see your white flag of surrender . Raise it more if you wish.

Confucius said ' There is no one more blind that those who would not see ".

:)

I like that.

I agree.

(referring to the enlarged print, respectively)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 03:07:44 |Display all floors
Let us go back to the really simple stuff for mengzhi ... He enjoys patronising others so let us dish out the same medicine.

Originally posted by middlekingdo at 11-5-2007 04:10 AM
Everyone knows that the Opium Wars were immoral wars waged to get money by addicting people to drugs.  

If anyone can post some additional links (in a mature and constructive way) that would be useful.

Quotes:
"In 1839, China enforced its prohibitions on the importation of opium by destroying at Guangzhou (Canton) a large quantity of opium confiscated from British merchants. Great Britain, which had been looking to end China's restrictions on foreign trade, responded by sending gunboats to attack several Chinese coastal cities."

"In 1856 a second war broke out following an allegedly illegal Chinese search of a British-registered ship, the Arrow, in Guangzhou."

There is nothing here to back up the opening claim in this thread.

Now if someone had said the Opium Wars were wars waged in retaliation to legal actions by the Chinese then that is fine.

Can anyone spot the difference?
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 05:13:10 |Display all floors

We can only try to educate the barbarians.

Thank you immouse for hammering  the last nail into the coffin of disingenuity . Your references put paid once and for all the absolute conniving, crafty and criminal enterprise of foisting the opium trade on China , with the help and might of the Royal Navy. The apologists are still at it , I see. He thinks that by repeating some rubbish often enough, it may change into treasure !? That is the mentality , that is the silliness.

Thanks for your compliments. I see you are similarly unimpressed by the barking bleating bunch. Good  on you.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 06:46:49 |Display all floors

Yawn ...

I see that mengzhi continues to feign comprehension skills and continues to bait with daft accusations.

I am reminded of the first time I gave up replying to the twisted words of mengzhi ... ah yes, it still amazes me that he can type whilst his head is shoved so firmly up his own ar$e. The master of contortionism

I will not even bother to raise the point again as to which specific events started the two Opium Wars. The Opium Wars began as retaliations for specific acts. The opening accusation that the wars were waged to get people addicted to drugs has yet to be backed up by any fact. The only hammer needed is the one required to knock simple language comprehension skills into mengzhi’s head. Alas, there is no magic button on the BBS that translates the pages into the crayon font required by mengzhi.

There is a huge difference between explaining why an event took place and justifying it.

Attentive readers will note that:
a) I have never denied the Opium Wars
b) I have not justified the Opium Wars

Rather than accept the scribbles of mengzhi as canon, people might wish to go and read up on history.

Note how mengzhi’s approach is to attack the poster rather than engage with the topic. Time and again that is all he does.

Mengzhi don't even bother replying. Your word twisting games might amuse you but I don't believe you are as stupid as you portray yourself to be.

Have a lovely life in Oz away from the real hardship of those you pretend to speak for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 06:48:06 |Display all floors
I see that mengzhi continues to feign comprehension skills and continues to bait with daft accusations.

I am reminded of the first time I gave up replying to the twisted words of mengzhi ... ah yes, it still amazes me that he can type whilst his head is shoved so firmly up his own ar$e.

I will not even bother to raise the point again as to which specific events started the two Opium Wars. The Opium Wars began as retaliations for specific acts. The opening accusation that the wars were waged to get people addicted to drugs has yet to be backed up by any fact. Alas, there is no magic button on the BBS that translates the pages into the crayon font required by mengzhi.

There is a huge difference between explaining why an event took place and justifying it.

Attentive readers will note that:
a) I have never denied the Opium Wars
b) I have not justified the Opium Wars

Rather than accept the scribbles of mengzhi as canon, people might wish to go and read up on history.

Note how mengzhi attacks the poster rather than engage with the topic. Time and again that is all he does.

Mengzhi do not even bother replying. Your word twisting games might amuse you but I don't believe you are as stupid as you portray yourself to be.

Have a lovely life in Oz away from the real hardship of those you pretend to speak for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 08:24:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tmphgt at 2007-5-14 08:48
Note how mengzhi attacks the poster rather than engage with the topic. Time and again that is all he does.  ...

And of course, as soon as Mengzhi gets a dose of his own medicine, he puts on a silly smile and gets all uppity about attacking the man, rather than the argument.

Hypocrisy, it's the only thing Mengzhi does well!

JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.