Views: 4076|Replies: 5

Could you share with me your way of learing English/ memorizing words? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-9 19:50:47 |Display all floors
I'm an English learner, and I'd really like to know it more. Hope that you can share your way of learning it.
Of course, I'll tell you mine. I don't usually memorize words by reciting the dictionary. Quite often I read articles in magazines and newspaper. By doing this , I can both learn new words and know what is going on in the world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 20:33:42 |Display all floors
Hehe, good idea, is it feasible and is it effective?  I have ever the same idea. But eventually, after I read through lots of papers, I found my vocabulary still remain in the previous level.  I have a doubt on this way.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-5-9 22:21:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by limiaozhang at 2007-5-9 06:50 AM
I'm an English learner, and I'd really like to know it more. Hope that you can share your way of learning it.
Of course, I'll tell you mine. I don't usually memorize words by reciting the dictiona ...

I think you are on the right track, and it's getting good results, as your brief introduction indicates.  You may also try reading some novels.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 00:19:49 |Display all floors

Reply #3 jl2315's post

Jl, would you please advise me on how to improve listening? I wouldn't like to do news dictation exercises.  Er, and I don't have a lot of time to watch a English movie though it is pleasurable.  If watching English movie is the best choice, how dry it will be if I have to watch and listen the dialogues repeatedly.  Is there any short cut though maybe not mostly?

[ Last edited by rainbow at 2007-5-10 12:20 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 21:01:24 |Display all floors
i think reading aloud is feasable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 21:03:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by icyeyes at 2007-5-9 20:33
Hehe, good idea, is it feasible and is it effective?  I have ever the same idea. But eventually, after I read through lots of papers, I found my vocabulary still remain in the previous level.  I ha ...

well, maybe true, but can you tell me your idea of memorizing words?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.