Views: 65188|Replies: 130

does western easily to say 'I love you'? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-9 11:34:25 |Display all floors
I got my hair cut in few days ago. A man in my school joked with me about my hair, he said that my hair style is very popular in Chinese, every man will love me ,and he loves me. I know that is joke, which makes me feel very uncomfortable because there are several girls there when he was saying that. But I was happy about he prised my new hair style. Still, I know that is joke. I cannot get used to western joke , I cannot understand that joke's meaning.
   I want to know what his joke means? If that joke means nothing?If he really feel my hair style is good? If he likes me? Please help me to understand a western man, thank you soooooo much!
  By the way, I don't know him and talk to him too much!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 11:46:19 |Display all floors
dont worry about it... he isnt gay... it is pretty common to say those. few of my friends say that to me too.
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 12:06:17 |Display all floors

to daotan

thank you for replying me! and I want to say that I am a girl not boy. He is not gay,hehe!~~~ and I got your message to know that is common saying! thanks so much!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 12:14:52 |Display all floors
ok well... lol. well, if thats the case, it might be different... i rarely see a guy say "i love you" directly to a girl that is just a regular friend. usually its like this... "omg i love chris, he is so funny" or "omg i love jessica, she is such a great person".
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 12:24:33 |Display all floors
:) You should tell such men

who "fall in love" with girls' hair ...

"Go buy a wig to snuggle."

( If he's a teacher

then he should be more careful

about seeming to flirt.)

You say you felt bad

that other girls heard his words.

That tells me something.

There's more to be said

about how western men "joke"

but that's  a lot to say.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 12:43:22 |Display all floors
we have no way to understand the joke of westerner if we know little about western culture.so forget it,treat it as none.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 13:44:04 |Display all floors

thank you for your replyings!

here is the sentence that he said: "your hair is really good, that is very popular style in China, every man will love you. I love you"  I just feel strange because I didnot speak to him very much.
any way, it has passed! I just want to know more about western. so i write out here!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.