Author: changzhou007

What is your definition of a good listener? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-11 13:31:53 |Display all floors

FIRST YOU HAVE TO

Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-5-9 08:47

Hmmm, as far as I know,  given very limited information

you respond well ...

to be more specific, you reply others'  postings accordingly.

As to a good listener, what have  you ...

LISTEN WHAT THE OTHERS
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 13:37:37 |Display all floors

look at the person whom speak to you

Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-5-11 13:31

LISTEN WHAT THE OTHERS

when you listen,look at the person whom talked to you.

If you make eye contact, the speaker feels like he has your undivided attention. If an individual comes into your office to talk, stop what you're doing. When you continue typing or staring at your computer screen, the person talking to you feels insignificant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 13:38:51 |Display all floors

Ask questions.

Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-11 09:49

The ability to look a person in the eye and engage visual contact while they are talking - to give good body language to relax the person talking.

TraderVic

This shows you're interested and that you're hearing what he's saying.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 13:40:05 |Display all floors

Don't interrupt.

Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-5-11 13:38

This shows you're interested and that you're hearing what he's saying.

Don't interrupt. When you interrupt, the speaker feels you're not interested in what he's saying and will be frustrated by the inability to finish a complete thought. Take the time to listen – just relax and open your ears!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 08:44:18 |Display all floors

Yup ... and ... one more ...

Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-5-11 13:40
Don't interrupt. When you interrupt, the speaker feels you're not interested in what he's saying and will be frustrated by the inability to finish a complete thought. Take the time to listen – j ...

Listening is a form of affection, helping to build  the bond, the rapport, even the intimacy among them ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 18:11:08 |Display all floors

one more

Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-5-12 08:44

Listening is a form of affection, helping to build  the bond, the rapport, even the intimacy among them ...

show your interest..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 20:36:56 |Display all floors
What i do is, listening attentively when someone's talking to me, giving my reponse after esmitating how much impact it will exert on the speaker's mood( that's to say, if my opinion is not in line with his, I have to think about whether and how to say it......it's all based on how much i know about that person).
Pay attention to his voice and tones, and then I will know if it's the right time to make my speech even if it's an interruption. Sometimes interruption is necessary. If my opinion is just  the same as his, the interruption will back and cheer him up, and the conversation will rise to a new level. If not, that interruption will let him know my thought. Maybe it's helpful to him, and maybe it's a sign for him to shift parnter......

But I just want to say, is that so complicated?.......when I'm doing listening or talking, I just watch others face and then naturally,  i will know how to carry on or quit.......when i'm being cut off, again watching others face, i will know if i should still continue or just take a smile and stop.......don't you deal with it like that???

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.