Author: thinkk

what's your religion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-19 23:02:06 |Display all floors
Conscience is my own religion.
After reading more, seeing more and knowing more,  I think their is a force deeply rooted in my heart guiding me when I get lost. Though I can't clearly explain what the power is on earth, I can reach it in my mind.
Above all, enjoying your life can be a good  religion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 10:49:41 |Display all floors
In China, people have their right to believe in whatever religion they want to, as long as they do no harm to people.
As far as I know, in south China, there truely exist many buddist activities. But they are more of a custom to convey people's goodwill than a disruptive and blind worship.
At the same time, we can never ignore the negative effect made by some vicious religious orgnisation, Falun Gong Cult is an example.
With a totally different culture, history and political environment from the western countries, we can not  blindly resort to the western style of policy for religion. In the process of organising the religion in China, the government have more things to do.

BTW, I am an atheist. I really can't understand why there are so many people still believing in god and under strong influence of the god in such a up-to-date technology world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 10:53:55 |Display all floors
none
A friendship founded on business is better than business founded on friendship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-20 10:54:24 |Display all floors
I only believe myself

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 07:29:55 |Display all floors
there are religion in the west that requires believer to pork a certain percentage of their income to the church.is this also practice in china.?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 07:35:35 |Display all floors
imagine theres no heaven, above us only sky, no religion too.John Lennon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-21 17:43:20 |Display all floors

christian

and you don't need to do anything to get into heaven like someone mentioned...all you need to do is die...but why quit life to go to heaven anyway?
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.