Views: 14169|Replies: 54

Help me understand Chinese Woman [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-2 06:17:54 |Display all floors
3 Weeks ago I came back to the US with a Shanghai girl -- I have known her for 2 years - now that she is here I have 2 months to make up my mind to Marry her -- She was an English School Teacher -- In Shanghai she was very open and loving - now - she tells me Chinese Women do not like to be touched, they do not like to be hugged, after they have their first baby, they do not like to make love more than once a week - if that  ---- help!

Is this the way most Chinese women are??????  --- that's what she tells me

Also she tells me when a Chinese woman gets angry at a Chinese man, and yells at him - he will walk away and keep his mouth shut - and not say a word  --- no more discussion

Am I in trouble???   Should I send her back to Shanghai ???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 08:10:02 |Display all floors
if your relationship is based on how many times a week you get sex or win an argument  then you do not have what it takes to keep a woman happy , quit while you are ahead, if when you think about it and realise that there is more to a relationship than that , and you are willing to put the time and effort in to make your relationship strong , then and only then should you think about marriage , and it should be for the right reason love.
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 10:25:02 |Display all floors

Really

Originally posted by bearlatvia at 2007-5-2 07:17
3 Weeks ago I came back to the US with a Shanghai girl -- I have known her for 2 years - now that she is here I have 2 months to make up my mind to Marry her -- She was an English School Teacher -- ...

She is a Chinese woman, but not neccessarily she speaks for all Chinese women.
Most people like to be hugged and touched( as long as the people they are going to hug or touch are not just coming out from a stinking sewerage)
Sex can not be quantified, no one can even quantify his/her appetite.:)

Conclusion: she is joking you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 11:56:18 |Display all floors

Joking? I have a different take...

I think she's feeling a bit uncomfortable with the whole arrangement... maybe she's testing you? maybe she is homesick?  I've noticed that chinese girls are no always openly affectionate...  but most appreciate a nice hug from someone they like..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 13:41:42 |Display all floors

Terrible

she is specifying rules about things that should be romantic and natural and spontaneous (i.e from the heart)

and you are not even married

Most probably

She has changed her mind and wants you to dump her, so you don't lose face

or

She is planning on being selfish and unloving so she is warning you now, so if you proceed you cannot complain when she behaves as she likes after you are married

Like a Chinese girl once told me she was very childish but I thought she was being self critical and tried to be her friend - but she played many nasty childish tricks on me, but she had warned me and I did not back off! So in her mind it was all my fault, my choice
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 16:13:18 |Display all floors

She is weird.....

send both of you to a doctor, or send her back to China.

Unless she is joking, you ARE in trouble.

If you are really committed to her, let her know your "rules" as well. And you can reach a compromise however unromantic it may sound.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-2 23:17:44 |Display all floors
There are probably 600 million DIFFERENT Chinese women, but some things are the same, due to culture and upbringing. (Like it is in Europe or US)
In the beginning I had problems with my girlfriend. She yelled at me and didn’t want to talk about it. I explained to her, that it was ok if she was 12, but as adults we talk about things. She actually understood and we can talk about all our problems now.
One time we had problems about money. She wanted to decide everything about money, just like her parents. She did not want me to study Chinese, because I had to pay. She was used to that the woman gets all the money, even if she doesn’t work. Her parents have a nice house and plenty of money, but her father has never held a coin in his hand. Her mother gets all the money and decides what to spend.
This was a huge problem for us, but I finally think that she understands.
The sex part, well. Some women are brought up to think that sex is a bad thing. We have a baby now but still it is more than once a week.
We came from very different places, but now we have been married for 3 years. Of course we live in China, so life is not so different for her.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.