Views: 3736|Replies: 9

全国工农业旅游示范点? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-24 09:15:53 |Display all floors
how to translate "全国工农业旅游示范点" into English, thanks!
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-24 09:22:41 |Display all floors
What is 工农业旅游?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 15:30:37 |Display all floors
I agree, JL,
A reader may not understand what  "National Rural and Industrial model tourist sites " means, if you just literally translate it.

Could you replace it with something else like Urban and Rural tourist spots? Or explain the meaning?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 09:59:35 |Display all floors
oh, thanks, i should give some explanation.

now in china there are totally more than 500 tourism sites titled with "全国工农业旅游示范点",such as : Xin Long Tropical Botanic Garden, Hai Nan. Yun Nan Plateau Grape wine Corportation. Chang Hong exhibition hall, Mian Yang(it's a manufacter of TV), Hong Sha Village featuring flowers and farm house, chengdu. agricultural tourism present tourists with production process in farms, rural landscape, people's living there, etc. and industrial tourism aims to present the various processes in industrial manufacturing, offer differenct experiences in industrial sites covering from steal, hydro, garment, etc.

let me try: national model sites in industrial and agricultural tourism

[ Last edited by qinger at 2007-4-25 10:05 AM ]
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-25 11:16:03 |Display all floors

Another purely Chinese concept?

I've visited botanical parks and rural farmlands as well as various kinds of manufacturing plants as a tourist in different countries, but never heard such tours referred to as agricultural or industrial tourism.  As a new kind of tourism requiring a new term in English, then, "industrial and agricultural tourism" is probably acceptable, to the extent that the expression is accompanied by a full explanation of what it means.

至于“全国”,如果意思是“国家级”,可以译为 National。如果只是指“全国各地”,不宜译为 National,干脆不译更好。

(National) Model Sites for Industrial and Agricultual Tourism

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 11:45:05 |Display all floors
全国 here means the national-level (the title), not refering the sites are from all over the country.
thanks anyway.
私は花の子です。名前はルンルンです。。。。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 17:04:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2007-4-24 07:16 PM
…never heard such tours referred to as agricultural or industrial tourism.
I never did, either, jl—apparently, it's a new type of tourism. In fact, the first time I heard of agricultural tourism was in this thread in December.

(National) Model Sites for Industrial and Agricultural Tourism seems good to me.
中文我不会读也不会写。Really, I don't.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.