Author: r_salahuddin

you live for what? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-18 10:52:01 |Display all floors

To Live or Die??

Some years ago after I got divorced I went through some pretty serious depression... For those who have not experienced it depression can be a very painful thing... for those who have been depressed they will know what I'm talking about...  

One day when I thought I the pain was most unbearable I decided to try to take my life ....

I live in a delta  area where there are rivers and levee roads all around... My though was that I could drive my car into the river meaning certain death... No one would ever know if it was intentional or an accident...  in fact they would likely never even find the car...

I picked a long and lonely road that ran toward the rive and ended at the river's edge...  At the time I drove a Benz and as I got it up to about 120MPH along the bumpy country road I starting thinking about a lot of things... My kids, my mom, my friends...

as i reached the point of knowing I would not being able to stop the car... I realized I just couldn't go through with it... I would tough it out... not for me but for those whom my death would hurt...

I lived the next year or so by just putting one foot in front of the other and taking life one day at a time...

Over the next few years I started learning how to love myself again, got my mind cleared up, the depression eventually relented, and I have returned back to my old happy self.....

Through these events I realize that most of us are usually most happy when we are helping others...

In fact I highly suggest that anyone who is feeling depressed find a way to make a positive difference in someone else's life.. Not necessarily  for them... but because it will often help you feel better...

Anyhow  I hope my little story helps someone who might be having similar feelings...  

Just remember... if you think you are the bottom... things can only get better...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 10:52:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by r_salahuddin at 2007-4-18 10:47

i dont understand you
what difference meeting makes?
if she is ugly or beauty .. that doesn't matter
because if you like someone you like her not for beauty

ooh really? at least, be true to yourself...lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 10:56:17 |Display all floors

Wow that's a lot of responsibility... Can you / will you tell us more

Since age of 13, i had to took care of everything for my family! (YES, i really do mean everything!)
Let see, hemmmm...
who took care of all the bills in the house (answer = ME),
who took mom and dad to doctor visits  (answer=ME),
who had to call the tv cable, telephone, electricity, mortgage, insurance company when there's problems (answer =ME),
who have to go to the bank when needed (answer =ME),
who had to deal with all the craps/problems my parents have (yes, again the answer =ME)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 10:58:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by r_salahuddin at 2007-4-18 10:26

very nice

i like this girl

Thank you very much Rehan

also I must clarify sth here
I tell the truth , and I hate lieing...
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 11:10:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by phoenixliu at 2007-4-18 10:58

Thank you very much Rehan

also I must clarify sth here
I tell the truth , and I hate lieing...

why you said so?

if i like i like i dont like i dont like
you got me
and please dont mix like and love together those are different
i like you as my friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 11:18:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by r_salahuddin at 2007-4-18 11:10

why you said so?

if i like i like i dont like i dont like
you got me
and please dont mix like and love together those are different
i like you as my friend

:):)
Oh, I get and believe what you said
we will be good friends
Success only favors those who persist and don't give up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 11:19:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ponchothedog at 2007-4-18 10:52
Some years ago after I got divorced I went through some pretty serious depression... For those who have not experienced it depression can be a very painful thing... for those who have been depresse ...

hi there,

thanks for sharing this thought-provoking story.  its really a good one that sets me thinking deep...

i always believe it doesnt take any talents to commit a suicide. but doing that means selfishness. you set yourself free yet you leave your family pains and sorrow..I been thru depression in college...it was like life was meaningless at all...college was a confusing time...when i look back at it now.. WOW.... life was so beautiful back then....so it really takes one to learn and to grow...life is a process to grow up and to die..

l wanna say it again that whatever life you choose to live, have no regrets.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.