Author: zhangxinyue

Let's share some good movies好看的电影介绍 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2008-1-5 19:20:37 |Display all floors
A few more movies, to continue from where I left off:

The Good Son
This is another older movie that I re-visited recently. It's just as good now as it was when I saw it some years ago.

Mark is a young boy whose mother has just passed away. His father needs to go overseas for two weeks, on an important business trip, and Mark is left at his uncle's place in the company of his young cousins Henry and Connie. And then starts a series of disturbing events, culminating in a macabre finale where Henry's mother is faced with a horrifying and heartbreaking choice.  

Both young Macaulay Culkin (of the "Home Alone" fame), and young Elijah Wood ("Lord of the Rings") with his large, expressive eyes, have acquitted themselves very creditably.

Letters from Iwo Jima
A different perspective on the War, through the eyes of a young Japanese soldier forced into something he had no interest in. We see a human side of the Japanese that is otherwise rare in war movies.

The Game
Nicholas Van Orton (Michael Douglas) is a very wealthy banker who "has everything". He moves through life cocooned by his wealth and position, oblivious of the things that really matter. And then, on his 48th birthday, his brother (Sean Penn) gives him a very special present: a Game. And the cocoon gets ripped off to reveal the bare essentials of life...

The Pursuit of Happiness
Can happiness ever be attained, or is one doomed to pursue it in vain for ever? An average young man (Will Smith), unable to find steady employment, wrestles with this question as he fights an increasingly uphill battle for the survival of his family and himself. And, as things progressively get more and more depressing, we receive some clear insights into what "luck" is really all about.

Here's a movie to avoid:

Death Wish - 2
This is a deplorably poor sequel to the original, successful Death Wish that I'd written about earlier. There's nothing new here; just a continuation of the same story line, but in a dumb sort of way that treats the viewers as stupid. Avoid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-1-22 16:09:43 |Display all floors

all these movies

i do read this post in 3hours and of couse very thankful
Angie SHI

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-2-10 13:20:45 |Display all floors
it would be better if you post some nice pics.
but thank you all the same.
Come on,friends!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-2 10:30:20 |Display all floors
oh! my GOD! I just saw the CRUSH!
ok! Let me search this movie in the mofile and see them if i have the eough time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-3 15:53:51 |Display all floors
l like the film of <blood diamond>,thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-8 22:47:34 |Display all floors
thanks for share!!!
The secret of success is constancy of purpose.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-3-9 23:25:02 |Display all floors
Blood Diamond is a very good film.I like it!
Thanks for your introduction!
The secret of success is constancy of purpose.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.