片 名Film name:War And Peace

导演Director:金.维多King Vidor.

演员Starring:奥黛丽.赫本Audrey Hepburn、亨利.方达Henry Fonda、
       梅尔.法瑞尔Mel Ferrer.
类型Genre:Drama剧情 / History历史 / War战争

Awards: Nominated for 3 Oscars

Plot Summary:
      "War and Peace" depicts the Napoleonic invasion of Europe including
Russia between 1805 and 1812. At the beginning of the 19th century, Napoleon's forces controlled much of Europe. In Russia, one of the few countries still unconquered, the army prepares to face Napoleon's troops in Austria. Among the soldiers are Nicholas Rostov (Jeremy Brett) and Prince Andrei Bolkonsky (Mel Ferrer). Pierre Bezukhov (Henry Fonda), a friend of Andrei's and self-styled intellectual who "knows what's right but still does wrong," is not interested in fighting. Pierre's life changes when his father dies, leaving him a vast inheritance. He is attracted to Natasha Rostov (Audrey Hepburn), Nicholas's sister, but gives in to baser desires and marries the shallow, materialistic Princess Helene (Anita Ekberg). The marriage quickly ends when Pierre discovers his wife's true nature. Andrei is captured and later released by the French, and returns home only to watch his wife die in childbirth. During a visit to the country months later, Pierre and Andrei meet again. Andrei sees Natasha and falls in love, but his father will only permit the marriage if they postpone it for one year. While Andrei is away in Poland on a military mission, Natasha is drawn to Anatole Kuragin (Vittorio Gassmann), a scoundrel and libertine. Pierre tells Natasha of Anatole's past before she can elope with him. Napoleon (Herbert Lom) invades Russia. Pierre visits Andrei on the eve of the battle, and observes the battle that follows. Traumatized by the carnage, he vows to kill Napoleon himself.
   故事描述在拿破伦挥军攻俄时的大动荡年代的一段经典爱情故事:1805年,俄法战争一触即发,但俄国上层社会却依旧歌舞升平。女主人公娜塔莎是一个贵族小姐,年轻貌美,天真活泼,能歌善舞。哥哥尼古拉是一名英俊的骠骑兵军官。娜塔莎的朋友皮埃尔也是贵族,他刚从法国留学归来,对未来尚无打算,常出入于社交场所和在赌桌上消磨时光。不久被一位公爵看中,并被安排与公爵女儿海伦结婚。但婚后不久,两人隐性格不合而分居。皮埃尔的挚友安德烈公爵是库图佐夫属下的一名军官,安德列弃怀孕的妻子和年迈的父亲到军队服役。战役失败,他颓丧回家,恰逢妻子难产而死。一次他来到娜塔莎家,对娜塔莎一见钟情。娜塔莎接受了安德烈的求婚,订立了婚约。不久,安德烈又回军队,海伦的弟弟阿纳托里骗得娜塔莎的爱,唆使其与他私奔。俄法战争开始,担任总司令的库图佐夫将军决定暂时放弃莫斯科,在撤退途中,娜塔莎遇到受重伤的安德烈,安德烈谅解了娜塔莎,但他却因伤势过重而离开了人世。战争胜利结束后,皮埃尔回到了莫斯科,此时的莫斯科已是满目疮痍,但对娜塔莎和皮埃尔来说却是新生活的开始。

(未经允许 严禁转载) (张馨月 编)

[ Last edited by zhangxinyue at 2007-7-8 10:12 AM ]
warpeace.jpg
My blog:http://i.cn.yahoo.com/zhangxinyue.2008

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-10 08:14:27 |Display all floors
译名:真爱告白
片名Film name: Hope floats

导演Director:福里斯特 惠特克 (Forest Whitaker)

主演Starring:桑德拉•布洛克 Sandra Bullock;哈里•康尼克 Harry Connick Jr.

类型Genre:剧情片 爱情片 喜剧片Drama / Romance / Comedy

Plot Summary:
           After knowing her husband have an affair behind her back and want a divorce so he can be with his mistress Connie, who also happens to be her best friend, Birdee and her daughter Bernice move back her hometown with a injured heart . In order to make Birdee walk out the abandonment of life, her mother tries to bring her with Birdee’s high school classmate named Justin who always love her in his heart and keeps unmarried together. But Birdee and small daughter have not yet been out of the shadow of injury in a short period of time, she always refuses him, and makes her efforts to find a job for finding herself back. Later, her mother passes quietly on one evening, her husband comes to attend the funeral, he not only asks her for divorce but also gives the heart to give up the little daughter who wants to live with him, Birdee finally completely understands everything and accepts the love from Justin. The film has  a touching theme and there is also some funniest humor in it.
           波第在知道丈夫和她最好的朋友有了婚外恋后,她带着受伤的心跟小女儿回到家乡的小镇,她的母亲为了让她从自暴自弃中找出来,努力撮合她跟从高中时期就暗恋她至今未婚的男同学贾斯汀在一起,但波第和小女儿在短时间内还未走出受伤的阴影,总是拒绝他,她努力找工作希望找回丢失的自己。后来母亲在一个晚上悄然逝去,她的丈夫来参加葬礼后就要求她离婚并忍心放弃想跟他一起生活的小女儿,波第终于彻底清醒并接受了默默爱着她的贾斯汀的爱。本片的主题温馨感人,同时也不乏幽默欢闹的搞笑。

Classic Dialogue经典台词:
    You find something you love, then you twist and turn it trying to find a way to make money from it. By the time you're finished, you can't even remember what it was you loved.
        你发现了你最爱的东西,然后你又亲后把它扭曲捣毁,想尽办法去赚钱,你的一生,都在循环,到最后你却找不到你最开始所追求的东西。
(未经允许  严禁转载)    (张馨月  编译)

[ Last edited by zhangxinyue at 2007-7-10 10:07 AM ]
Hopefloat.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-10 09:32:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by zhangxinyue at 2007-4-30 12:26
    The film named <Blood Diamond>is a story happened in 1999 in Sierra Leone ,the background of it was the different parties started the civil war for the contention of t ...

:):)I love Blood Diamond too. NOt only because Leonardo played an important role in it, but also because it
conveals the strong desire of the human being for money and fortune.
Although some people say Leonardo is nothing but handsome. But in my opinion, when the famous
Titanic was shot in the early 1990s, Leonardo impressed the public perhaps just by his handsome image,
after years of practising, now when he starred in Blood Diamond, he played more naturally.
I really love the role he played in this movie.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-10 09:39:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by changzhou007 at 2007-6-22 07:23
from Edith Wharton, a famous American writer.

Sample TextSample TextSample Text
One of my friends love The Age of Innocence very much. She found of a copy of the original copy on tapes.(Someone read the novel and got it recorded on the tapes.), and she could not go to sleep without
listening to it befor going to bed.She also found the script on the Internet. Now whenever i say something
that could remind her of the film, she will recite a few word of Archer or somebody else.
Oh,God, I think I'm fed up with her passion and love for the movie.
Howevr, I have to admit this is a great movie, I love it too, although not so passionately like her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 10:20:59 |Display all floors
片名Film name:Love Story
译名:爱情故事

Director导演:Arthur Hiller

Starring主演:Ryan O'Neal,Ali MacGraw

Genre类型Drama剧情 / Romance爱情

Plot summary:
         Harvard Law student/hockey jock (Oliver Barrett IV) meets Radcliffe music wonk (Jennifer Cavalleri), and the couple soon enter into a relationship. When the couple decide to get married, Oliver's father (Oliver Barrett III) threatens to disinherit him from the family will, leaving Oliver and Jennifer to start their marriage at rock-bottom. Jennifer and her dad (Phil Cavalleri) do what they can to bring father and son back together, but the two prefer to remain at war with one another. Years go by, and the young couple attempt to have children, only to discover that she has a incurable disease……Love means never having to say you're sorry.
        一个富家子弟,一个面包师的女儿,一段发生在哈佛校园的现代灰姑娘的故事成就了七十年代这部轰动一时、清新动人的电影《爱情故事》(Love Story),也使她的同名主题曲捧回了奥斯卡最佳原创音乐金像奖。电影中,两个年轻人的生活刚刚稍有起色,年轻俏丽的女主角却因身患绝症撒手人寰。悲剧更容易让人铭记,尤其是浪漫温馨的悲剧……爱是永远无需说对不起。

Award: Won Best Music, Original Score Oscar Award

The classic song in this film:
 Love Story:灰姑娘的《爱情故事》
  Andy Williams
  Where do I begin to tell a story of how great a love can be
  The sweet love story that is older than the sea
  The simple truth about the love she brings to me
  Where do I start with her first hello
  She gave a meaning to this empty world of mine
  There'd never be another love another time
  She came into my life and made the living fine
  She fills my heart. She fills my heart with very special things
  With angel songs, with wild imaginings
  She fills my soul with so much love
  That anywhere I go I'm never lonely
  With her along who could be lonely?
  I reach for her hand. It's always there
  How long does it last?
  Can love be measured by the hours in a day?
  I have no answers now but this much can say:
  I know I'll need her till the stars all burn away and she'll be there
  How long does it last?
  Can love be measured by the hours in a day?
  I have no answers now but this much can say:
  I know I'll need her till the stars all burn away and she'll be there
  (未经允许 严禁转载) (张馨月 编)

Love story.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 10:40:22 |Display all floors

Great Expectations

by Charles Dickens
great expectation 1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-11 10:42:18 |Display all floors

Great Expectations

by Charles Dickens
a BBC version
great expectation 2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.