Views: 4252|Replies: 13

Is your payment proportional to workload?  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-13 10:49:44 |Display all floors
Many people are complaining about their heavy workload and consider they should earn much more for their hard work. What do you think about your work and payment?
Single choice vote, There are a total of 0 people participating in the poll
36.84% (7)
63.16% (12)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-15 09:16:57 |Display all floors

Foreign teachers pay

The pay for foreign English teachers in China has not increased for the past 4 years.  

Why?  China's income has increased over the past 4 years.  

As English language and western communication skills are a key component of global development, it seems to make sense that the people helping China to learn English should receive some kind of increased benefit.

There is an expression in the West which says: "Pay peanuts - get monkeys".  However, PLEASE NOTE - I am not saying that all the foreign teachers who accept low wages in China are monkeys!  

But it must be true that low wages do not encourge the best teachers to come to China.

Most professional teachers DO expect a fair income (unless they are so rich they do not have to think about their future, which cannot be many!)

Luckily, my employer pays me VERY well, and so I feel appreciated and will stay in China many years.  This is beneficial to both my employer and to myself.

It makes sense to pay people what they are worth.  Re-hiring and re-training teachers is very expensive.  

Why do China's colleges and universities not offer longer contracts and more substantial benefits for those teachers who wish to teach in China long-term?  

(Afterthought:  perhaps China does not want foreign teachers in the country long-term?)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-15 09:37:31 |Display all floors
Maybe they  think your stay here is short-termed or as a tour.You should impress them first
http://blog.sina.com.cn/SummerLao

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-15 20:02:30 |Display all floors
NGO non-profit's don't pay-up with much in cash

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 15:12:05 |Display all floors
if I got paid for what I do rather than a set tender price then I would of been a millionaire sooner ,as it is, every type of job in Australia is going out to tender to the lowest bidder sad state of affairs .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 16:27:24 |Display all floors

sorry to hear that !

to tell the truth ,as a  chinese who is still try my every best to learn english well, i really appreciate the hardwork of you western enlish teachers !
hope you all live well in China !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 16:48:16 |Display all floors
i believe most of jobs supply the corresponding salary or the staff will leave those positions for other jobs .That's not what i say . it 's been proved in our textbook .staff transformation just like capital in the  market always  could find the fittest position in the long run .
of course there are some unfair exceptions . if you think you are treated unfairly then go and talk to your chief and ask for a burden easement or a higher salary . but if it doesn't work then you could choose to leave your position .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.