Author: yungchieh

Another example of Italian Racism against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-22 23:13:31 |Display all floors
Jetsam...big deal is the general feeling. Examine a thread where China has illegally captured a Canadian citizen in another country and is holding him in China, without any diplomatic assistance.
See what the Chinese reaction is to that? "Look at Guantanemo Bay!"

What is the general consensus when one of the forum Laowais complains...."Go home! Who asked you to be here?!" etc...right?
Tell your precious ---- disturbing bitch-ass countrymen to pack up and leave Italy if they can't accept the rules.
She should have just taken her damn ticket like an adult and STFU. No, instead try the old there are more of us that of you tactic because she is in Chinatown and forgets that she is on ITALIAN SOIL!.
She got the same beating as an Italian would have recieved here if his whole block had decided to pelt the cops with stuff and fly Italian flags.
No sympathy whatsoever!
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 23:41:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-4-21 17:22
I am sure that Mengzhi, Northwest or Chunderama will come up with some excuse here, once they've formulated a strategy which ignores as many facts as possible and accepts propaganda as gospel.

? You shameless enough to make this claim after you trust your media's "many say"?

Indeed.
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 23:47:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tekvicious at 2007-4-22 23:13
Tell your precious ---- disturbing bitch-ass countrymen to pack up and leave Italy if they can't accept the rules. ...

Yeah, they suffer prejudice because they're succesful, like other overseas Chinese abroad, threatening the lifestyle of the laziers. Not because they broke the law.

Seems you're a very succesful businessman in China, but still cursing and condemning China for tis and tat. Why?

Will you be very succesful too if there's no preferential policy for you in China? Could you success in other part of the world?

You won't.

That's why you in China.

As for overseas Chinese, they are succesful everywhere in this world, as long as got fair treatment and 'natural' environment.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-4-23 01:12 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 23:50:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tekvicious at 2007-4-22 23:13
She got the same beating as an Italian would have recieved here if his whole block had decided to pelt the cops with stuff and fly Italian flags.
No sympathy whatsoever!  ...

Yeah, largely different from China, when foreigners commit crimes, the authority try to press the news and give impression they mostly law-abiding.

You are being treated like superior citizens.

That's why you're here. Because you can't compete in a 'natural' environment outside China.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-4-23 12:25 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 02:11:47 |Display all floors
I am not treated like a superior citizen. In fact in any case that I have seen pitting a foreigner vs. chinese, it is assumed that the foreigner is wrong.
Here's just one tale...
I had a drunken idiot in a rage throw about 20 bottles at me and there were a number of my friends around me. I laughed at him,so he kept throwing. When the police arrived, they talked first to him and then came over to my table and said that he claimed I had hit him. I asked, "where?" and stood up. I was about 2x the size of the bottle throwing liar. I said, "He is wearing glasses...he would have a mark or something, no? I used to wear glasses..I know how it works."
The cop said..."good point. I believe you". Then he got in his car and drove off leaving us in a sidewalk full of broken glass.

You want more? I have many more..and I am just one guy who occasionally goes out, but keeps his eyes and ears open.

Preferential policy for what? It just happened that I pulled myself together in China. It was an age thing and a maturing process, not a preferential treatment issue. I am a relatively intimidating man of color in China. Trust me when I say...there is no preferential treatment being handed out to me.

I want people to look at everything as if it was totally reversed, that's all. Could you honestly expect different from the Chinese police had there been an 'uprising' in the "Italian quarter"?
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 06:49:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jetsam at 2007-4-23 00:32
You have nothing to add to this thread. A human being being beaten to the ground is just a big joke for you infantile freaks,  ...

I have never condoned the beating of pregnant women, or women who are not pregnant but are with a toddler, or using a toddler to beat a woman, or any of the other variations cited in this story. Being beaten to the ground is a new one for me and Jetscum's new variation on the original allegation is a perfect example of how a relatively minor incident can be blown up out of all proportion.

I also notice the distinct lack of any further follow up news about this woman who was allegedly "beaten" which caused the initial ruckus. This would appear to indicate the earlier reports were false.

Ignorant racist little sausage jockeys like Jetsam should just calm down and get a grasp on the facts (rather than their wieners) before making their false and racist allegations.

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-4-22 19:34
Ooh, it's gonna be a good one.
They've been going at it for 24 hours !

Ah, bugger it. They've bailed out and used the "diversion" or "change the subject " tactic.
Pathetic.

Originally posted by tekvicious at 2007-4-23 04:11
Trust me when I say...there is no preferential treatment being handed out to me.  

You're battling the prejudice on the streets, and the idiots in this forum.
Remind me to buy you a beer if I'm ever in China!

JB

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-4-23 08:56 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 09:58:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tekvicious at 2007-4-23 02:11
I am not treated like a superior citizen. In fact in any case that I have seen pitting a foreigner vs. chinese, it is assumed that the foreigner is wrong.
Here's just one tale...
I had a drunken idiot in a rage throw about 20 bottles at me and there were a number of my friends around me. I laughed at him,so he kept throwing. When the police arrived, they talked first to him and then came over to my table and said that he claimed I had hit him. I asked, "where?" and stood up. I was about 2x the size of the bottle throwing liar. I said, "He is wearing glasses...he would have a mark or something, no? I used to wear glasses..I know how it works."
The cop said..."good point. I believe you". Then he got in his car and drove off leaving us in a sidewalk full of broken glass.

You want more? I have many more..and I am just one guy who occasionally goes out, but keeps his eyes and ears open. ...

Yes, several cases, a tiny fraction from whole. What you encounter is the practice in the field, not the big picture.

You know how the foreigner department of the public security bureau, they full of scam and criminal records of foreigners in China. They've been told by authorities not to leak to the press about foreigner's misconduct.

Nigerian cheat scam (who already started from 1990's), Korean gang war, punch up between different countries nationalities even murder... you almost see none of these reported. There's just some of what I know in Beijing, Shanghai as a preferred destination should have more. You prefer several mistreatments you suffered to be reported, for you are angry about this? Or China should exercise full "press preedom" without preferential treatment? 2000 free scholarship doubled for particular region of students, since it's a national policy, could you expect those coming here will be all dilligent students? How the public security personnel will deal if there's any misconduct happened? They already received order, minimize the effect.

Preferential policy for what? It just happened that I pulled myself together in China. It was an age thing and a maturing process, not a preferential treatment issue. I am a relatively intimidating man of color in China. Trust me when I say...there is no preferential treatment being handed out to me.

At least 2000, now 4000 out of 7000 free scholarship extended by central government won't be agree with you.

China is not exercising discrimination in policy level, what you experienced is in field, in practice. You may not claim they intimidate you because of your color. There's still frogs in the well in China that still hold ages-old immature thinking that should be stopped.

I live and work close to research institution, out of the seven thousands scholarship for foreigners extended last year, the largest fraction goes to African student, a very small fraction go to the overseas Chinese, then the other countries received the rest. Could I see this is a very discriminate policy of China toward overseas Chinese? They have their own consideration, but not prejudice or discrimination.

Regarding business, just see how easy for you to set up factories and choose the land lot you want compared to the local companies, especially in the southern China.

I want people to look at everything as if it was totally reversed, that's all. Could you honestly expect different from the Chinese police had there been an 'uprising' in the "Italian quarter"?

If such things happen, freak white-dominated media like Associated press, Washington post bureau here will rush and make another damning report like those in Virginia. The first thing Chinese public security bureau will do is to calm down the riot and try to contact the embassy.

I'm sorry if you experience negative experience just because of your color, it shouldn't be like that. But you also have to trust me that it's not government policy. There's always naive frogs in every society.

[ Last edited by northwest at 2007-4-23 10:26 AM ]
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.