Views: 15712|Replies: 21

China, Japan Agree on Strategically Reciprocal Ties [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-12 08:53:17 |Display all floors
China and Japan have reached consensus on forging strategically reciprocal relations between the two nations, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said in Japanese Diet (parliament) on Thursday.

China's aim is to pushing forward Sino-Japanese relations to a new historic stage and realizing the goal of "peaceful coexistence, friendship for generations, mutually-beneficial cooperation and common development," Wen told the Japanese lawmakers.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-04/12/content_848959.htm

Visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao (L) is greeted by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe upon his arrival at Abe's official residence in Tokyo April 11, 2007. Wen arrived in Japan on Wednesday. [Reuters]

[ Last edited by voice_cd at 2007-4-12 11:05 AM ]
xin_3804041117223552935838.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 11:31:50 |Display all floors
But I heard so many Japanese were taking action against Wen's trip of Japan in the radio last night.
The relationship of China and Japan are badly injured in these years.
I believe Japan are naturally counteract China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 13:18:58 |Display all floors
What exactly is the substance of "strategically reciprocal ties" ? I know what US and japan military alliance is and it's quite explicit.

Until japs make full apology of RAPE OF NANKING and all the atrocities associated with its aggression, I really don't see any reason
to further any communication. Economically, japs need china more than china needs them. Having said that, china ought to expel japs
in china and use its huge financial resources to fill the vaccum.

As this writing, china is the labor supplier while japs are the employers and value added producers.  It is time to flex china muscle
to  replace japs once and for all.

Weaken japs are the only way to keep japs in line. Those in favor of japs in china ought to be investigate for accpeting bribery from japs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 14:07:07 |Display all floors
I think if Wen 's trip to Japan brings interests to China ,it's worthy to visit.

Chinese should not forget the history,let our kids know what happened between China and Japan last century.

We should concentrate on developing economy,If China is much stronger in future, I think Japanese leadership will reconsider the policy towards China.
http://weibo.com/xiayiqiang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 14:18:01 |Display all floors
I watched Wen's speech this morning. He mentioned the long-time friendship between China and Japan but also stressed the Sino-Japan war. We all know that his trip to Japan is a "ice-thawing" one but I doubt the positive view. The relationship between these two Asian nations is in bad condition these years because of many and various reasons. As a Chinese, personally I believe that Abe administration will not treat China as Japan's friend but a foe, a foe which he has to cooperate with due to political and economical reasons. It is almost impossible for the two countries to really like each other.
I am a Beijing girl.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 14:47:50 |Display all floors

reply #5

Polaris, it is important to learn from history and do not renege it, as Premier Wen Jiabao said.  But we both countries need to look to the future, with the ultimate aim of creating a peaceful and, friendly if possible, relationship, for our grand-children.  Certainly we do not want our kids to dislike and hate each other, right?

As many have said in this CD forum, use love to win back love!

One thing we need to thank Japan Government is, that after the 1989 incident, many western countries imposed strict economic sanctions on China.  But not Japan.

[ Last edited by chinadaily at 2007-4-12 02:48 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 14:55:15 |Display all floors

Use love to win back love!

Well said, I fully agree with this! Hope that the love shown to the Japanese orphans and soldiers are fully appreciated by the Japanese.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.