Views: 12009|Replies: 24

what books do they read??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-10 13:53:48 |Display all floors
i am confused when i begin to read some english novels.
my aunt  asked me to read some works of shakespeare . and i also downloaded the audio book of his works. but there are too many words for me . its difficult.
so now i am thinking what do they read? for the american children. i am looking for some books that suit me.then i can get used to reading those goddame books gradually.
i think many people just like me ,want to know what should we read

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-10 20:05:33 |Display all floors
maybe you can try reading some modern works of foreign writers,like
old man and the sea,
a tale of two cities
detectives stories like sherlocks homels detective story
DA VICI code
cold mountain
sth like those are all okay
if u like, i recommend u to see some fabulous films
hopefully to be a master of what I like, on knowledge

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 09:33:54 |Display all floors

i know

i have downloaded some  works and audiobook . if you want to have it contact me
qq 240299058

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 12:15:35 |Display all floors

suggestion

My recommendation: you should read some audio english books that can excite and suit you. So you can keep the fervor of learning english ,if you always choose some book that is difficult for you, you will lose the interesting of learning english.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 19:42:44 |Display all floors
I'm read "The house on mongo street" these days.It's not very difficult.
"A Tale of Two Cities" is very good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 22:32:25 |Display all floors
Thanks you all
I always give up when meet with the different words
I'll try to read the books you all have suggested

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 02:00:24 |Display all floors

Avoid Shakespeare!

bigheadbaby-
Shakespeare is hard even for English speakers!  Don't feel bad if you have a hard time understanding it.
You asked about children's books.  There are lots of great options!  A few of my favorites are any books by Robert McCloskey, Maurice Sendak, and Steven Kellogg.
For adults, any books by James Herriot are really good.  He was an excellent story-teller and his books are fun to read.  Also, you can read just a chapter  at a time- most chapters are self-contained stories.  The dialogue might be a little tricky, because many of the people in them were uneducated farmers, with the stories taking place in England around the 1930's and 40's.  But if you can get past that, the books are very enjoyable.  Sometimes I read chapters out loud to my husband!
Also, I read the Bible every day.  Try to find a version other than the KJV (King James Version), it reads a lot like Shakespeare! (Hard to figure out and not typical of today's English)  The NIV (New International Version) or the NKJV (New King James Version) would both be good choices.
Well, there are a few suggestions to get you started.  Happy reading!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.