Author: desperado123

Shanghai, or Hongkong which one would be the financial center of China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-8-6 13:01:57 |Display all floors

Reply #77 xiaoyanzhu's post

It takes a lot of factors to be a fianancial centre!

that's all!

Green Dragon
Game Master

note: I believe San Francisco and Vancouver will gain more in the future as financial centres!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-7 09:16:25 |Display all floors
Most ambitious entrepreneurs
(chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2007-05-08 16:58

Shanghainese with high incomes are the most ambitious when it comes to opening businesses compared with people in other large-sized cities in Asia, according to a HSBC survey.

The results reveal 72 percent of responders in Shanghai said the most important thing is having their own companies, followed by money and property.

The survey was also conducted in Hong Kong, Bombay, Singapore and Sydney, the Shanghai Morning Post reported.

According to the survey, 52 percent of Shanghainese responders said they are using or used financing planners or financing consultants' services, while 29 percent of them are considering using the services.

Fifty-eight percent of people surveyed in Shanghai said they are more willing to choose banks for wealth management, followed by investment companies at 20 percent, and insurance companies at19 percent.

Nearly 60 percent of Shanghainese responders said they will get information about new investment products from financial service institutions. But 72 percent of them said they lacked wealth management knowledge and skills.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/biz ... /content_868018.htm
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-9 14:29:32 |Display all floors

Reply #79 changabula's post

London-Johannsberg is perfect for the European to African timezone.

Hong Kong-Singapore-Malaya-Shanghai-Sdyney-Melbourne-Tokyo is perfect for the China to East Asia timezone.

Vancouver-San Francisco-maybe (Panama)-will rise and probably challenge New York-Toronto  for the Amerikan Timezone.
(New York now has advantage due to large bourse and US$ as 70% of the forex currency but this will change as EURO, Bpd, Rmb, other club currencies, and JYen in 24hour trading in 8 hour bloc.)
It should attract more players that need to do REINSURANCE, share out CREDIT RISK, redistribute liquidity (fund management) in various BOURSES, BONDS, fixed income SECURITIES, distribute liquidity in forms of investment vehicles or just syndicate loans and FOREX Trading.

It will benefit nations such as British Club nation which shares "advanced financial legislation and supervision", have the "history" in free market openness, "track record" on protection of individual properties rights!  The Amerikan Regime will be important due to its size, as would European Union especially France, while Switzerland would remain conduit to German, other european state "tax haven". There would be Russian Ruble zone (maybe Moscow-Tianjin-Mumbai) and Arabic gold dinar in Dubai?

Green Dragon
Game Master

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-8-9 02:32 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-28 12:44:01 |Display all floors

I have visited the Yangtze delta!

Hmmmmm

my opinion?

Still the same....Hong Kong, international financial centre, Shanghai is the regional financial centre for the Yangtze delta and eastern region, Beijing-Tianjin is the financial centre for North. Likely Chongqing will be the financial centre for Western region.

The tier 1 cities will be conduit for financial markets to the regional centre....and thus to Shanghai and then Hong Kong.

Singapore-Malaya will be the PEARL of the NEW MIDDLE KINGDOM, and TAX HAVEN for Rich Chinese citizens or Corporates!

Cheerios!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Note: Please do a basic comparison on level of development of each city before making your own conclusion. Make sure you visit those cities or have idea on the level of development before coming to a conclusion.

I am going to visit Chengdu, Chongqing, Xian and Wuhan next year to comfirm my suspicions!
Maybe i'll drop by Beijiing during the Olympics as well.

As for the sub prime problem, it should not affect China that much! Afterall, China's economy is still a "close economy".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-8-31 15:55:20 |Display all floors
I consider that shanghai is  a very potential city campary from HK,which is stress on finance,cargo and consumption. shanghai has these     sector  and own   IT ,manufacture and others .so I think shanghai  will  go farther campare hk.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-1 21:44:06 |Display all floors

shanghai will be the lead

it must

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-9-3 12:54:06 |Display all floors

Reply #83 dypishere's post

okay if you insist!

who cares! You can hype, manipulate, legislate and even disrupt other regions in competition!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.