Views: 2655|Replies: 5

translators: try not use chinglish [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-4 22:04:51 |Display all floors
I am not here to insult anyone. But to those who likes to help others, try not to use chinglish.

I noticed a few people's translations are way off, and doesn't make alot of sense.

I am not saying you shouldnt try to help at all, hey kudos for you for taking time from your life and help others for free.

But do try to be responsible for the things you write, because others depends on your help, and if you make a intentional mistake, it might be fine for you, but it will cause alot of trouble for others.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-5 00:01:21 |Display all floors

[T]ranslators: try not TO use [C]hinglish

Good idea! :) Now where shall we start?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 06:20:27 |Display all floors

here:

But to those who likes to help others, try not to use chinglish.

those who like

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 06:50:22 |Display all floors
You don't make mistakes you don't make anything.

Learn from the mistakes of others. Just let the people talk.

I learn from my own mistakes.:)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-5 07:38:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by dubbed at 2007-4-4 05:50 PM
You don't make mistakes you don't make anything.
Learn from the mistakes of others. Just let the people talk.
I learn from my own mistakes.:)

It is totally normal to make mistakes in the process of learning English, or learning anything for that matter.  This is especially important if you want to improve your oral English.  Don't be afraid of making mistakes.  When you do make mistakes, you don't need to feel humiliated.  Even if your mistakes make people around you laugh, just laugh with them, then ask them what was wrong.  Most people are nice, and they will help you.  Only mean people would truly laugh at you with scorn, but those are people you don't want to be friends with anyway.

At the same time, a sense of humbleness would be invaluable.  Nobody knows everything, and those who think that their English is so good that they don't need to improve anymore are people who have reached the end of their capability, and that is a sad state to be in indeed.  Let us be friends in this virtual family that spans the world, help one another, learn from one another, and improve together. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 07:38:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ptbptb at 2007-4-5 06:20

those who like

doh!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.