Views: 1456|Replies: 3

better you than me... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-3 21:38:43 |Display all floors
Tour guide stabs 20 in ancient city
By Jessie Tao (chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2007-04-03 10:11

A tourist guide has been charged with stabbing 20 people in a tourist town of southwest China's Yunnan Province on Sunday, injuring two of them seriously, local police confirmed on Monday.

Xu Minchao, a 25-year-old tourist guide with a travel agency in northeast China's Jilin Province, was arrested Sunday in the ancient city of Lijiang on the charges of stabbing 15 tourists and five locals, Life News reported Tuesday.

Two boys were seriously injured, including seven-year-old Xiao Wen whose artery on the neck was cut open by the enraged guide and a 15-year-old tourist from east China's Anhui Province who suffered brain injuries and remains in critical condition.

"Heavy blood loss almost killed Xiao Wen. Thanks to the experts who flew from Kunming (the capital of Yunnan) and operated on him that very night, my son was saved from the jaws of death." Mr. Ye, Xiaowen's father, told the paper.

Police said Xu was accompanying a 40-member tour group from the northeastern Jilin Province to Lijiang when he got into an argument with a guide surnamed Peng from a Kunming-based travel agency on Sunday afternoon.

After Peng left, Xu went to "borrow" a knife from a roadside souvenir shop. Then, he suddenly lost control and stabbed a saleswoman at the shop before going on a stabbing rampage. "He slashed at whomever within his reach, without even a word." witnesses said.

A total of 20 people, including 15 tourists and 5 local residents or business people from other parts of the country, suffered injuries at his hands.

Tourists on the tour group said Xu once spoke of and cried over his divorced parents, looking rather depressed, which police suspect might have led to his stabbing rampage.

The Lijiang government said they have sent the best doctors from the provincial capital Kunming to treat the injured people, and local police are investigating whether Xu has a history of mental illness.

But tourist guides say it is not uncommon for Kunming guides to be attacked.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 00:12:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pjtran at 2007-4-3 09:38 PM
better you than me...

better you than me???

damn thats cold

you couldve left those words out
"It ain't no thang but a chicken wing."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 00:24:12 |Display all floors

don't get me all wrong...

what i really mean is to let the local deal with this sort of misfortunate there than any foreigners.  i mean no harm to anyone here, and i just using my subjectline a little catchy to have some traffic flow.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 09:34:43 |Display all floors

Grrreat thanks for sharing the yucky story.

°★·°∴° ☆.·°∴°.☆°★°∴°

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.