Author: changabula

Chinese Philosophy, Thoughts and Wisdom [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-24 05:43:53 |Display all floors

" In general, Chinese thinkers regard Confucianism as the philosophy of the past and Western philosophy as that of the future."

Is this true?

If so, then why "Feng predicts that there will be more than 10,000 similar schools (Confucius schools) throughout China within the next 10 years as the nation wakes up to its traditional heritage."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 06:23:42 |Display all floors
What suprises me is how an ostensibly Communist Party can propose such a thing while keeping a straight face. Marx would not have approved!

It's heresy, I tell you! This is why they used to have a Comintern, in order to keep the Comrades in line!

[ Last edited by irishinuk at 2007-4-24 06:28 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 10:06:40 |Display all floors
Confucianism should be the state religion of any country willing to start a good dictatorship.
When will the CCP starts is long-awaited program "Petrol against Confucianism" in Africa?
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 12:19:19 |Display all floors
Seems some non-chinese-from-somewhere-I-do-not-know-yet(not the racism name foreigners) here know nothing more than "Communism" in "Chinese philosophy" thread so that's the only thing they can bring up here...
no wonder, some people tend to limit their eyesight within their limited knowledge and world view like frogs at the bottom of the well, I agree with master zhuang on this point :)

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2007-4-24 12:22 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 13:03:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by superkylin at 2007-4-24 12:19
Seems some non-chinese-from-somewhere-I-do-not-know-yet(not the racism name foreigners) here know nothing more than "Communism" in "Chinese philosophy" thread so that's the only ...

Usual bullsh*t.
Anything interesting to say? Crap is not welcomed on this thread, as it tends to transform discussion into conflict.
I hope you can understand that, or please stop posting here, for everybody's sake.
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 13:26:50 |Display all floors
And you eat with that mouth..?
When people were talking about Confucians, Lao zi, Master Zhuang their thoughts and their works, you can only manage to come up with that "discussion", how pathetic  :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 13:49:49 |Display all floors
What's your point? I was replying to irishinuk about the Confucians schools newly opened.
Sounds more interesting and actual than the copy-paste seen before on this thread.

And yes, Confucianism is the main reason of Chinese decay in the 20th century, and is closely linked into the CCP's methods of influence toward the youth.

[ Last edited by wertynest at 2007-4-24 01:55 PM ]
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.